Please help me out. (1 Viewer)

gleeek

HSC
Firstly sorry if this is in the wrong section, I just need to ask this ASAP.

A few weeks ago I did my first HSC internal business assessment. However, the clock in the exam room was 6-7 minutes fast (which I wasn't aware of at the time since I thought it would be repaired during exam conditions). So, combined with my stress, I rushed through the exam, only to finish 10minutes earlier with my paper handed in. Today after marking the exam, my teacher informed me that I lost 6 marks (10%) on a question because I mixed up to questions. One was describe transforming resources, and the other describe transformed resources.
I stress a lot and in the exam I am sure that I tried to ensure that I didn't mix thesee up due to mere stress but don't know what happened. The thing is I was I was rushing because I was under the impression that I was running out of time (due to the faulty and misleading clock) + combined with my stress.
My teacher said she knows I knew my content, and would have gotten full marks for both those questions if I didn't do that little (big error).
I am a bit disappointed too, and angered by the fact that they didn't provide us with adequate timing (my friend had that problem to). I am very certain that if I wasn't under the stress of running out of time, I wouldn't have made this error.
So my question, am I eligible to appeal? IMO the school was very negligent with their conduction, esp since it was an exam with the weight of 20%

Last edited:

nifkeh

HSC
I don't mean to go against you, but didn't they write down the start and end times usually on a board in front of the desks so everyone can see when to finish end according to the clock?

R

RishadM

I don't think people here can help much, it would probably have to be dealt with internally at your school.
During one of my HSC internal assessments there was also a timing error. My biology teacher stopped updating the 'time remaining' on the whiteboard. Then all of a sudden she realized and changed it from like 40minutes remaining (which was the last she had updated it to) to 10 minutes remaining. I don't think anyone complained and it was actually funny lol.
You can't really blame your stress, everyone has stress and is affected by it.
The teacher should have written on the board:
Starting Time:
Ending Time:
Then it wouldn't matter if the clock was slow/fast - but wasn't everyone in your class also disadvantaged unless they knew the clock was slow. And wasn't the teacher timing the test in reference to the slow clock? If she/he was timing it to another clock and that clock was significantly different from your class clock - then that is very idiotic and yup you should complain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)