Please help me!!! (1 Viewer)

username1928

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi everyone,

I'm super stressed at the moment especially about French continuers. I'm desperately hoping for a band 5 but I don't think it's possible :( I'm currently 6/7 in my class and I'm on 63%, which is lower than the class average 70%. My parents will be so upset if I don't do well and I really need advice. I suck at listening and my speaking didn't go as well as I thought it would. Can someone please give some advice.

HSC
Uni Grad
With Listening, I suggest listening to French music or watch the French news on SBS, it will help pick up the pace of how natives will speak and help you pick up vocab and listen to new structures which will help you with reading & writing. It helps with me with Japanese so I hope it does the same with you for French.
Just now focus on the other parts other than what happened with speaking, you can still do well in French even if you do reasonably okay in one section and above expected than the other sections.

username1928

HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate your advice. I just get very anxious very easily and I really want to achieve at least a band 5.

Kittikhun

HSC
A bit old, but meh.

Watching the French news on SBS and being able to understand most of it or to get the gist of it is quite hard if your vocabulary is not very high. I suggest to read (do this heaps) and to learn French songs by heart instead or to watch French videos or audio with French subtitles or transcripts respectively. These are quite hard to find--the only one I know of are 'TV5 monde apprendre le français' and 'RFI' (type these in Google, and for RFI try to find the 5 minute daily news recap podcast that provides you with a full French transcript of the podcast). After you have done this, progress onto watching the French news with dictionary close to hand.

I do hope you went well for French Continuers, even though this advice won't mean much to you know unless you want to continue learning French. Oh well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)