• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Please help! Not sure if i should drop legal studies!! (1 Viewer)

qwerasdfzcxv

HSC
Any advice would be appreciated.

So currently, I'm doing 12 units at the moment and my worst one is legal studies. for my half yearlies I was sitting on 67% and my rank was 40ish out of 68. I really messed up my task 4 assessment, receiving only 52% and it had a pretty hefty weighting of 20%.
I'm doing alright in my other subjects, with 70s and 80s in the the other 10 units so I'm thinking of dropping legal. There is still the opportunity to get it back up with a 30% weighting trial and the HSC exam but I'm not too sure now that I can get the mid-high band 5 I originally wanted. As a result I'm feeling pretty discouraged and thinking about dropping the subject.

Any input would be appreciated.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Drop it, don't waste your time trying to improve on a subject you messed in, when you can use that time to improve on a subject you're already doing good in.

Ahahahaman

HSC
N/A
If you're getting that rank/mark then I don't think you can get a band 5 at your current level, as the scaling for Legal Studies is quite ridiculous and punishes anything under 90. Also you can't rely on your cohort to pull you up so it is crucial that you're in the top 10. It is quite content heavy and does require you to have knowledge in current affairs, while also requiring you to write practice essays if you want to get better. I think you should probably drop it since the effort you will need to put in would far out weight the effort you can use to solidify your other subjects to mid-high band 5s.

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
I'd probably drop it at this point,

I did Legal Studies for my HSC and the fact is that if you can afford to drop it and your going bad in it... do it.

The Trial and HSC exams for Legal Studies is brutal, if you want to get a good mark you still need to remember a bunch of material for these exams. I'd say drop legal studies and really put that effort into boosting your other subjects up a couple marks each.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)