please help with my units ... (1 Viewer)

holepuncher

HSC
hi eveyrone this is my first post!@ anyway im in yr 11, now jst going into yr 12 and here are my subject choices
2 art
2 legal
2 modern
2 adv english
2 mathematics

does 2u maths nad legal studies get "scaled down' i dont really understand the whole concept ...

also say if i get about 80-90+% in my exams will i be able toget a uai of 99?? my school came 7th last year ...

is jst im really scared because i have exactly 10 units, and also im positively sure of hte course i want to get into wihch requires a UAI of 98.8 ... :S

please gimme some advice and some encouragement :S:S:S
:)

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Hey :)
Don't worry about scaling for the moment, scaling won't affect you much if you do well in the subject :)

Since you only have 10 units, every single subject will count towards your UAI, so if you stuff up in one subject, you won't be able to get the UAI you need, however you have more time to focus on these subjects than if you had 12 units, so a bit of a trade-off there.

Well you want to focus on getting high ranks at your school, which will give you more of a chance of getting the 99 UAI that you need, as long as you do well in the external HSC exams. You'll probably need low and mid band 6s in your subjects to reach your UAI target, so you should be focusing on getting the highest ranks you can at your school, and doing well in the HSC exams to get to your UAI goal. Also the UAI cut-off changes each year based on the demand for the articular course, but it is better to aim higher than the UAI cut-off, to have a higher chance of getting in.

In short, focus on getting good ranks at your school, and doing well in the external HSC exams, to be more likely of reaching your UAI target. Good luck :)

gemrism

HSC
If you dropped a science i recommend you pick up senior science.
Your subjects are alot of work!

1harkina

HSC
gosh u chose hard subjects with alot of content
Scaling isnt the be all and end all!!!
you will do alot better in subjects you like rather than if you pick them coz they scale high.
My friend last year did gen math and standard english did really well and ended up with a uai of 95+.
so it doesnt really count on scaling
and if you dont get into your prefered uni course there are a million other ways to get into uni and you can even do 1st year at a diff uni then transfer!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)