Please Help (1 Viewer)

Jay12

HSC
Hey everyone
Ok im not sure how to start this but here goes....i was just woundering with my school we only have 16 poeple in my whole grade and i really want to get 98 or above UAI, and im not sure if my assesment marks so far are good enough to get that..... so if anyone is willing to help me out and/or provide me with advice, please PM me so i can tell you my marks and ranks so far, because i dont really want to post up my marks thanks.
thanks in advance. :)

BHHS

HSC
Telling people your current marks and ranks really isn't going to help you much for two reasons, first every school marks differently and it's very hard if not impossible to predict your UAI based on school marks (although if you go to a small school you'l definitely wanting to be scoring high marks and have a very high ranking) and second because those exams are in the past and there's not much you can do to change the results.

There's no real secret to getting a UAI of 98, you just need to work your ass off for the next few months. Try to stop procrastinating at all costs (although this is very hard, I was playing computer games on the eve of the trials, and am currently doing my best not to study atm) and if you haven't already figure out which study method works best for you. As you go along try to learn the general concepts taught in class, it will make cramming a lot easier.

Also, once the trials are over you'll no longer be competing with your classmates. This is the time to start helping each other, share notes, help others overcome their weaknesses etc, the better you go as a group in the HSC the more your assessment marks will be scaled up, and any bad results you received will be diluted.

If you are set on getting a UAI of 98 but don't feel you can do it this year then consider talking to your careers advisor or principal, they can give you a
rough estimate of what your UAI will be based on your current ranks. If this is lower than what you're after, you may want to consider repeating the HSC, however keep in mind that people who do often end up receiving the same marks.

Just remember that whatever your UAI is, it isn't going to stay with you for the rest of your life. There are many avenues you can take to get into the course you want to, you just need to keep working at it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)