Please help :/ (1 Viewer)

lollypops27

HSC
N/A
Hey there,
I'm in a bit of a pickle here.
I'm currently doing a BA Laws & Psych at Macquarie, but i'm not digging it...like at all.
I like the subject matter, just the uni and people don't feel right for me, i'm finding myself dreading coming to uni everyday and just wanting to drop out.

So i'm considering a transfer at the end of the year, but i'm scared my atar/GPA won't let me.
I got an atar of 96.5..
What GPA will I need?
Ideally, i'd like to transfer to UTS, SYD, UNSW?

Cheers

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Join the New South. I don't know, but you could try google. Stuff like this should be on the uni website?

Why don't you like macq, just out of curiousity?

HSC
If you really feel that it is necessary to get out of there ASAP you could try entry into the Mid-Year intakes. Your ATAR seems good enough for your desired course providing Subject Bonus Points still apply (Which they should?).

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A
Hey there,
I'm in a bit of a pickle here.
I'm currently doing a BA Laws & Psych at Macquarie, but i'm not digging it...like at all.
I like the subject matter, just the uni and people don't feel right for me, i'm finding myself dreading coming to uni everyday and just wanting to drop out.

So i'm considering a transfer at the end of the year, but i'm scared my atar/GPA won't let me.
I got an atar of 96.5..
What GPA will I need?
Ideally, i'd like to transfer to UTS, SYD, UNSW?

Cheers
USYD/UNSW won't take into account your GPA (unfortunately, since MQ inflates D to a 4 points, not the standard 3).
It depends year to year - but ideally WAM around low to mid 70s for unsw (despite the 100 internal transfers) and high 70s to low 80s for usyd law (Because they take into account your ATAR, so WAM needs to be very high). You should also call UTS - they might be flexible with your ATAR.

Good luck!

lollypops27

HSC
N/A
thanks guys :)

@ flashyGoldFish - yeah it kind of is you're right, but then again lots of people ive spoken to who i went to school with have gone to uni for 3 weeks and just decided to defer because they hate it:/ so idk

i think maybe uts is the best bet...maybe

TeresaManseau

HSC
If you think that all the docs you need are possible you can transfer, but note the most important to be prepared is your mind. The Admission-service.com can help you prepare.

Last edited:

ameher

HSC
What issues are you having thus far at uni?

I found the first semester quite difficult aswell, took time to get use to things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)