Please mr genius men. (1 Viewer)

robmeister

Superrob
HSC
Can ya please tell me an idea of what ya think i will get for my hsc, based on my trials marks. I wanna start studying but dont feel very motivated, cus i think my entire hsc might be messed up cus of crap in my trials. Anyway i go to like an average school and here are my marks.

Maths (3u) 74% rank 2/18
maths (4u) 54% rank 4/5
English advanced: 67% rank 55/74
Economics 69% rank 6/12
Japanese: 73% rank 24/44
Physics: 47% 6/18

Thanks for help.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
AND women!

What school do you go to? What's its approximate rank?

robmeister

Superrob
HSC
yeah and women, sorry, its probably about 200 i dont really know just the local government school.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
your ranks are decent, plus your school i guess isnt too bad
trials are there for a reason, and dont be disappointed if you didnt do as well as you shouldve of, but right now your main priority is doing the best that you can in your externals
if you keep that up then i would happily say that you can get over 85...easy

robmeister

Superrob
HSC
Thanks alot man, probably throughout the year i have averaged about an hour study a day, so its clearly time to kick in and study gonna try for about 8 a day. I hope i can do it

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
robmeister said:
yeah and women, sorry, its probably about 200 i dont really know just the local government school.
local government school? haha I doubt your anywhere CLOSE to 200.

robmeister

Superrob
HSC
I have a question, when i put my marks into SAM i get a uai of 81.8 but if i change my english mark from 67 to 95 my uai goes up to 90.80, is it just me or does English seem to have a massive bearing on the UAI compared to everything else, is this a fault with the SAM prediction method or is that how the HSC actually is, because if it really is like that it indicates to me I should study really hard for english as my other marks are good enough for me to get 90+ UAI as long as i Kill english.

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
mr_brightside said:
local government school? haha I doubt your anywhere CLOSE to 200.

chatswood high is a local government school and we got 134th in 2004.

Malla

HSC
It doesn't really matter about the school ranking .. all that matters is how you go as an individual. The school serves it main purpose as a venue for students to proceed in their HSC's, basically.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
angmor said:
chatswood high is a local government school and we got 134th in 2004.
=\

Well there goes my assumption that top schools are rich/not public.

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
mr_brightside said:
=\

Well there goes my assumption that top schools are rich/not public.
and that was before we were half selective :D
this year is the first year 12s that are half selective blended with the community stream....so i hope we can do better or we'll be a disgrace :p

robmeister

Superrob
HSC
Just too add to this there are other local government schools in my area ranked in the 150's and 160's and I woulda expected that my school would be equals to them, however my school is not in the top 200 list, so im pretty sure we cant be too far out of it. We always beat those schools in sport, band and debating ;D

tennille

HSC
robmeister said:
I have a question, when i put my marks into SAM i get a uai of 81.8 but if i change my english mark from 67 to 95 my uai goes up to 90.80, is it just me or does English seem to have a massive bearing on the UAI compared to everything else, is this a fault with the SAM prediction method or is that how the HSC actually is, because if it really is like that it indicates to me I should study really hard for english as my other marks are good enough for me to get 90+ UAI as long as i Kill english.
There is a large difference between the marks you put in, which would clearly impact on your UAI. However, there aren't a large number of students who obtain a band six in English, especially for Standard English.

JhK89

HSC
Tennille said:
There is a large difference between the marks you put in, which would clearly impact on your UAI. However, there aren't a large number of students who obtain a band six in English, especially for Standard English.
as said ^

not much people get band 6's and from 67-90's thats a big jump and freaking hard to get.... think most people get band 4's and 5's in english... so dw..

my friends friend got a band 4 in englsih standard but still got 99.4 for his uai :O

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)