PLEASE PLEASE HELP (Amanhotep III - Ramesses II) Please!?!?!?! (1 Viewer)

Im over the HSC

HSC
ok so i have this assessment task due pretty soon and i know i should have started a little earlier... but i have had so many other assessments in last few weeks that they have taken priority. ok so thats my little sob story... please can some1 or some-many help?!?!

ok so here goes (essay Q.):

Explain the challenge of the Hittites during this period (this period meaning Amenhotep III to death of Ramesses II)

here are points we need to cover (all in relation to Hittites and reationship with egypt):
1. location of Hittite kingdom, expantionalist policy in Syria and clash with Egypt
2. Developments during the Amarna period: evidence of the Amarna letters
3. Developments duringthe post-amarna period to end of 18th dynasty
4. Military campeigns of Seti I and Ramesses II (in conjunction with Hittites)
5. Hittite Peace treaty amd diplomatic marriages during reign of Ramesses II

PLEASE PLEASE i would really appreciate some help in the next few days!! (esp books and good websites and even ideas or past essays and stuff please please help?!?!?!

launcher169

Lord of Chaos
HSC
that a pretty hard question....i have to admit...
mathew reeve's book on akhenaten is a good book covering the amarna period...but its limited to its analysis of akhenaten's reign and its impace on egypt....there should be some good books at macquarie library, and if you either do extention history you can get a card....you could also photocopy stuff

UNSW library is also good....but u will definetly need to copy and go there either early in the morning or pretty late in the afternoon cause it will be very busy...

you could use pamela's bradley's books....i.e. the books she makes reference to in her textbook and then summarise the main point....its a mammoth job to go through history books on one specific area

good luck...and pm me if you need help with the amarna period

cheers

chooky_girl26

Lyshiez
HSC
Uni Grad
YEA I have an assessment task... it's an in class essay in which we can prepare... i have to do it 3 days before everyone else coz i won't be there... I have most of the information only from limited sources tho... but am not sure how to start the first paragraph and what exactuly to mention... could someone plz help me out??
the question is as follows

using the written and arfchaeological evidence for this period, discuss the political and religious developments that have contributd to the continuity and change in New Kingdom Egypt..

the question isn't hard.... but i'm not sure what to put in the essay... and how to start it.... should i start by stating the pharahs and a little about them... or state pharoahs... and reliogious changes about all and evidence then political.... what does it mean by political in ancient egypt anyway?

Im over the HSC

HSC
still confused

you could use pamela's bradley's books....i.e. the books she makes reference to in her textbook and then summarise the main point....its a mammoth job to go through history books on one specific area

ok so i may seem a little dumb... but am suppose to have heard of Pamela Bradley? what is the text book's name? cuz we have not been informed on this textbook!! please help me?!?!?!

but thanks so far

launcher169

Lord of Chaos
HSC
chooky_girl26 said:
YEA I have an assessment task... it's an in class essay in which we can prepare... i have to do it 3 days before everyone else coz i won't be there... I have most of the information only from limited sources tho... but am not sure how to start the first paragraph and what exactuly to mention... could someone plz help me out??
the question is as follows

using the written and arfchaeological evidence for this period, discuss the political and religious developments that have contributd to the continuity and change in New Kingdom Egypt..

the question isn't hard.... but i'm not sure what to put in the essay... and how to start it.... should i start by stating the pharahs and a little about them... or state pharoahs... and reliogious changes about all and evidence then political.... what does it mean by political in ancient egypt anyway?
this would be in an essay format right?

cause the introduction should basically follow the lines of:

1. address the question
2. outline what your going to say in the essay

chooky_girl26

Lyshiez
HSC
Uni Grad
Ok what is meant by political change?? in ancient egypt??

Hmmm and how does this sound as an intro

The political and religous developments of the New Kingdom Egypt have contributed both to the continuity and change of the dynasty. Scholars have found that the pharoahs of this dynasty (Amenhotep III, Akenaten, Smenkhkare, Titankhamen, Ay, Horemheb, Ramesses I, Set I and Ramesses II) provide us with written and archaeological evidence to persuae historians that there was a great deal of continuity and change of this perido

the last sentece is tacky tho.... but how could i change it??

launcher169

Lord of Chaos
HSC
i dont think you need to mention continuity and change so much, basically what those words mean how did the political and religious developments during the reigns of Amen. III to Ramses II change aspects of Egyptian life and what aspects stayed the same...

so instead of saying contiunity and change specify what specifically changed and what remained constant.

cheers

boycee

HSC
so you need to talk about the problems the hittites had?

probably mention how they were kept out originally by the military campaigns of thuthmosis III, and then how Ramesses I and Seti I were strong warriors, then i guess you would address the battle of kadesh which saw the hittites finally have control of the area in northern syria....

can't really say much more i'm not sure exactly what the questions asking. i'd have a look at pamela bradley's reconstructing the past, which is excellent

all the best!

~boycee!~

nazi jew

Banned
HSC
i just thought you'd all see this by now... but EXPLAIN at the beggining of the question means that your essay should relate "cause and effect"... BOS commonly use these words for questions, i.e. "describe" "outline" "assess" they all mean specific things... and subsequently how you should stucture your response. If you didnt address the question relating to the specific term in the HSC... your response would not be marked as well as someone who did ANSWER THE QUESTION.
in this case the question should explain, i.e. what was the cause of the "challenge of the hittites" (they basically invaded Syria/Palestine, wiping out the Mitanni and the 'brother' king Tushratta... consequently invading the Egyptian empire), your response should mainly deal with the effects of this... i.e. how each pharaoh... Amenhotep3-ramesses2 dealt with the attacks... concentrating on Amenhotep-diplomacy, Akhenaten-'ignorance' (which is argued by many), seti-warrior pharaoh/defender, Ramesses-propaganda/campaigns (years 4-21)/ and eventually the diplomacy...
Explain is just fancy wording for WHY the pharaohs treated that part of the empire the way they did... amenhotep wanted wealth for his buildings and could aquire this by diplomatic means-armana letters... Akhenaten was 'distracted' by his religious reforms, ignoring any attack on the imperial empire... seti had the ability of a reformed nation (horemheb) to base an attack towards Syria/Palestine, where the Hittites/Khatte held Kadesh... and then Ramesses, who wanted to be the ultimate pharaoh, went to war, which failed attacks just led to silly propaganda... and then the Egypto-Hittite peace treaty in year 21 (not to mention the whole relation now shared between the egyptian court and the hittites, i.e. the movement of the capital to avaris)... remember to truly focus on EXPLAINING the 'challenge' of the hittites... your notes should cover all of this... no?... i should be doing my extension history major.... bleh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)