Please please reply to this thread as soon as possible!!! URGENT (1 Viewer)

ktl_edwards

HSC
Please someone help me!

I know themes for Hamlet, different interpretations, I can analyse the characters...etc

BUT

Please help! I need examples of textual integrity in Hamlet!

HSC
Uni Grad
How it is applicable to today? Find the themes that are timeless and dont require an understanding of the composers context to understand.

ktl_edwards

HSC
Oh please elaborate! I am desperate for examples.....:(
What particular features contribute to textual integrity??

HSC
Uni Grad
For that, you must wait for he/she who has read hamlet and is sufficiently briefed on such things, im afraid that this is the end of my journey, good bye and good luck.

ashleighjade

HSC
My teacher told me that purely the fact that it is still relevant to us today, that as a contemporary society we can learn something from Hamlet, gives it textual integrity. He said that we don't really need to emphasise it throughout the essay, because it'll be clear through our argument... Or something like that?

Like, clearly, textual integrity is evident if we still find Hamlet relevant today. If we don't, it's not.

????????????? =S

I am really NOT the expert on such matters... Hamlet = :burn:

Mudcake

HSC
I agree that by going into detail in how it is relevant today is one facet of its textual integrity but other things i would say you could think of are:

1. There is exceptional technical skill demonstrated in the use of language features

2. The play was based on predecessor texts yet it is famous, why? It changed the typical structure and concept shown in a revenge tragedy

3. There are so many aspects that can be reviewed eg the complexity of characters, marxist feminist views etc etc

there's so many things that you can read into in hamlet, it was also hevaily influenced by the context of its time both historically and Shakespeare's personal life

Just try your best : ) good luck!

Dimplez

HSC
Well the fact that people from a variety of different contexts can still draw personal interpretations from Hamlet is proof that it has coherence as a text i.e. it can be understood and hold meaning for someone with no knowledge of Shakespeare's context. A big reason for this is it is centred around an ambiguous conflict, and the theme of appearance and reality permeates through the entire play. The themes are universal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)