please post the top 200 schools ranking info. (1 Viewer)

Haku

the other thread only gave out the top 50 schools ranking. does anyone have the paper with top 200 ranked schools.

i am overseas and can't buy the SMH.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Ouch, North Sydney Girls gets beaten by Hornsby and Sydney!

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Minai said:
Ouch, North Sydney Girls gets beaten by Hornsby and Sydney!
Ouch indeed. Now someone put the list up so I can see if the Great Randwick Girls School can crack the top 200.

7th Sign

HSC
what paper is this list in their is always one?

what paper is the thing with all people who got band 6's in?

EATAPIE

BMW>>>>Mercedes (see sig)
HSC
honour roll in SMH.
its a liftout.

HSC
N/A
EVERYONE!!

This "Top 200" list being referred to is in the DAILY TELEGRAPH.

They also have their honour roll out today (in which first five are James Ruse, Hornsby, Baulko, Sydney Girls and North Sydney Girls) however it is not yet available online to my knowlege. I've bought the paper today, and am going to try to type out the entire list after writing this so everyone can see!

Note: The Daily Telegraph is generally regarded as more accurate than the SMH, as it takes into account the candidature size. For example: My old high school did really well, but as they are a relatively small school they aren't ranked as highly on SMH.

On the daily telegraph however, Hornsby Girls is 2nd, right under James Ruse ;)

GO HORNSBY!!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS, I AM SO PROUD! GO HORNSBY! GO HORNSBY!!!

cataleptic

HSC
My school better get a mentioning.

So many of us kicked ass but we're a smaller group.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
The ranks in SMH calculates it this way: (I think)
- The percentage of all students who got band 6 in at least one subject is ranked. For example if 80/200 students scored a band 6 in at least one subject then the percentage is 40% and the schools are ranked by that.

The ranks in the Daily Telegraph are calculated this way:
- The percentage of all exams sat or attempted that scored band 6 in at least one subject is ranked. For example if a school takes 1000 exams for its students and 400 of those exams scored a band 6, then the percentage is 40% and the schools are ranked by that.

I personally find the Daily Telegraph ranks more accurate because they take into account of all the exams, not just the individual students. For the SMH ranks, it wouldn't matter if that student scored 1 or 10 band 6 results because it would only count as one student. The Daily Telegraph ranks take the amount of band 6 over the total number of exams taken to account for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)