Please Prepare for Enrollment Day (1 Viewer)

David27

The lines on enrollment day are always horrendous. There's nothing worse than waiting in line because dummies don't actually look up what they will study and the subjects they will choose.
You can be stuck there for hours while students will just sit there at the front of the queue with vacant looks on there faces thinking, ummm what should I choose for a subject? Look up your handbooks BEFORE and KNOW what your doing before you hold the whole line up!
I hope each institution has an express lane for those who've prepared themselves. It's not that hard!
You may thinkI'm harsh, but you'll know what I mean after standing in line for the third hour straight.

*hopeful*

HSC
the undergraduate handbook they advise u 2 buy ? that 1 ?

David27

All UNi handbooks for 2004 should be online now, unless the uni is slack and just money hungry.

David27

The handbooks would have been avaiable to buy, usually around November of last year, unless they've all slackened off. Previous years handbooks are also a pretty good guide to follow-to get you up to speed on what you're supposed to do.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
As David27 said, it is a benifit to you and everyone else if you do as much pre-enrolment as possible. Choose any courses that you can, choose which stream (ie: if advanced/normal streams exist) is right for you, and get as much information as you can before you go.

If you are heading to CSE@UNSW (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software ENgineering or Bioinformatics) then visit www.cse.unsw.edu.au for instructions.

@lbert3269

What the hell are you guys talking about ?

What's this about subjects ? Isn't it already chosen and stuff ?

Fill me in cause i'm totally lost. :confused: :confused: :confused:

T

timbk2

Originally posted by @lbert3269
What the hell are you guys talking about ?

What's this about subjects ? Isn't it already chosen and stuff ?

Fill me in cause i'm totally lost. :confused: :confused: :confused:
your course structure is set out, but you actually gotta personally enrol in these subjects and select which lecture/tutorial times you want to go to, cause there are heaps.

so on enrollment day, you get a huge sheet of paper where you gotta fill in all the class times and details. they then have to check that there arent any clashes, then they enter those details into the computer system. Hence the long queues at Enrollment days when thousands of people have to line up. Took me about 3 hours when i did it.

eeyore

but HOW do you know what subjects you have to pick from? Is that all in the handbook?

Ribbon

You can do it online (the timetable) for anu, but what I don't understand is, for some subjects there is lecture group 1, 2 or 3... does that mean you pick a group number and only go to those lectures, because they are all repeats (note: some other lectures have repeat written next to them but these do not... but there are heaps of them) or do you have tpo go to one number 1, one number 2 and one number 3? and with tutorials they have tutorial a, b and c is this the same or different?

there is so much stuff on my timetable because of all these 'groups' that is impossible to go to one of everything without having it all clash....

T

timbk2

the handbook would have the course structure in it with all the subjects

T

timbk2

there are usualy tutorials at different times on differnt days for the one subject.
you can mix around and try get yourself a nice looking timetable. i usually only have to go to uni 2-3 days a week, cause i crammed all my subjects into the same days. rather than going to uni for 1 hour on some day and then going home.

@lbert3269

Hmm.. so we have to get to the uni in person to choose what subjects to study ? Ah.. the flexibility of university. =)

We can always do it online to aviod the long long queues rite ?

*Crosses fingers*

santaslayer

HSC
umm.....yea, i cant find the timetable thingy......someone help plz?
me going to wollongong next yr...commerce/law

eeyore

not all courses let you pick your timetable though
i just found out mine doesn't

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)