Please provide advice for unseen texts (1 Viewer)

kelly29930684

HSC
Can someone provide a strategy when dealing with unseen text, if you 'completely' don't get what the passage is about, or 'semi' get it... How can you answer the question to get full marks? or at least get a 1/3 or 2/3??

I've talked to a friend, she told me she didn't know what the text was about, but then she drew out some quotes and she got full marks for some reason.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
1. Read through all questions in discovery paper-you should then know what 'theme' or area of the rubric the discovery paper is on-i.e. rediscovery, discovery is stimulating and provocative etc.
2. Look at the title of the text and the author-should give you some idea what era it might be composed in, and hence what it might be about
3. Read through the text-and see whether there is a recurring motif, or an idea that repeatedly pops up
4. Integrate all the information above, find a few quotes that have multiple techniques in them that explores less literal ideas-i.e. don't have a quote that literally has 'discovery' and relate your concepts to the theme of the paper and you will have better luck to get some marks.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)