• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

PLEASE read this... (1 Viewer)

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
G'day,

I just want everyone to PLEASE take the 5 minutes to read this, as after perusing this forum and speaking to friends, a lot of people have been greviously mislead by arafat's facade as a pacifist.

It seems I have a motive here, and indeed I guess i do, since i have read how western people think the man should get respect. There are obviously always 2 sides, like taliban think osama should get respect etc..

anyway, here are some points which most of you probably did not know as most eventuated before we were born...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

arafat's wealth stemmed from sidelines his organisation maintained in extortion, payoffs, illegal arms-dealing, drug trafficking, money laundering and fraud that yielded billions. He kept his wife on a lavish $100,000-per-month allowance in Paris while his people starved.

On February 21, 1970, Arafat and his affiliates bombed SwissAir Flight 330 enroute to Tel Aviv, murdering 47 passengers and crew. Eight months later, on September 6, they attempted a spectacular atrocity: a quadruple hijack...all the hijacked flights were bound from Europe to the United States. One, a Pan-Am 747, was taken to Cairo, where it was blown up on the tarmac. A second, targeting an El-Al aircraft, was foiled in flight by Israeli sky marshals. But a TWA 707 and a SwissAir DC-8, with a combined 310 passengers and crew, were hijacked to a Jordanian dessert. The terrorists segregated Israeli, American, Swiss, and West German passengers for captivity — releasing the others — and threatened to kill the hostages and blow up the planes unless jailed militants were released. Within 2 weeks, 2,000 people had been killed as Arafat and his terrorist band were driven out of the country.

On September 5, in the midst of the Munich Summer Olympic Games of 1972, Arafat ordered eight PLO operatives (a wing of Arafat's Fatah group known as the "Black September" brigade) to carry out a plan that enabled five of them to break into the Olympic village, quickly murder two members of the Israeli team (the wrestling coach and a weightlifter), and take nine other Israeli athletes hostage. The terrorists demanded the release of 200 Arab prisoners and safe passage back to the Middle East. A rescue attempt was badly botched. In the resulting battle, the Palestinians killed all nine Israeli athletes by grenade and gunfire, as well as murdering a German policeman. Five of the terrorists were killed in the struggle, but German authorities managed to capture the remaining three. True to form, Arafat's organization responded the following month by hijacking a Lufthansa jet and taking the passengers hostage. The Germans capitulated, releasing the killers.

On March 1, 1973, another eight-member Black September cell raided the Saudi embassy in Khartoum, Sudan, taking as captives two American government officials, Ambassador Cleo Noel and the Charge d'Affaires George Curtis Moore, as well as a Belgian diplomat named Guy Eid. The terrorists demanded the release of Sirhan Sirhan in California. When they were rebuffed, the terrorists murdered Noel, Moore, and Eid, and then anxiously surrendered to the Sudanese authorities.

Arafat's rampage of Israel continued apace. On April 11, 1974, the PLO slaughtered eighteen residents of Kiryat Shmona in their apartment building. A month later, on May 15, Palestinian terrorists attacked a school in Ma'alot, murdering 26 Israelis, including several children. Then, in June, the PLO — through the "Palestinian National Council" — endorsed what it called a "phased plan" to obliterate Israel.

After the 6 day war, in accordance with U.N. Security Council Resolution 242, Israel agreed eventually to withdraw from some undetermined portion of these territories in exchange for peace treaties that settled borders and acknowledged Israel's right to exist. In Arafat's 1974 phased plan, however, the PLO reaffirmed its rejection of Resolution 242 and committed itself to establish, in any ceded territory, a Palestinian state that would work toward Israel's destruction.

In 1985, a cell identifying itself as the Palestine Liberation Front, led by Mohammed Abu al-Abbas, hijacked the Italian cruise ship, Achille Lauro. As his horrified wife looked on, the terrorists viciously shot a 69-year-old, wheelchair-bound Jew named Leon Klinghoffer, then tossed him overboard to die in the sea. the PLO's website listed the PLF as one of its constituents. Arafat issued an official statement lavishly praising him as a "martyr leader" and "a distinguished fighter and a national leader who devoted his life to serve his own people and his homeland."

Arafat's group dominated the so-called "Unified Leadership of the Intifada," using leaflets to direct the days and targets of attacks. that is, the period before the ebb that marked the onset of the 1991 Gulf War — Israeli defense forces responded to more than 3,600 Molotov cocktail attacks, 100 hand grenade attacks, and 600 assaults with guns or explosives, all of which killed 27 and wounded over 3000.

The mega-murderer was suddenly statesman, star, and, in 1994, winner of the Nobel Peace Prize — a once-coveted honor now, by his attainment of it, reduced to a joke best listed among his countless victims. Thanks to this peace partner, it soon became clear that Oslo was a charade, a case of a credulous American president choosing his honey over his lying eyes.

The breakdown of negotiations resulted, like night followed day with Arafat, in a new round of terror: the Second Intifada, which continues to this day. This program has been pursued mostly by suicide bombings — often including explosives strapped to children encouraged by the culture of shahada, or martyrdom, which thrived under Arafat's corrupt and dysfunctional leadership. In the main, attacks have willfully targeted civilians in busses, restaurants, shopping centers, synagogues, hotels and other public centers. Since 2000, approximately 900 Israelis, three quarters of whom were civilians, have been murdered. To extrapolate to American proportions, for a country the size of Israel this is the rough equivalent of over 40,000 dead (as a percentage of the population)

Arafat - "next time we will meet in Jerusalem, because we are fighting to bring victory to our prophets, every baby, every kid, every man, every woman and every old person and all the young people, we will all sacrifice ourselves for our holy places and we will strengthen our hold of them and we are willing to give 70 of our martyrs for every one of theirs in this campaign, because this is our holy land. We will continue to fight for this blessed land and I call on you to stand strong".

The Israelis and Palestinians may never coexist peacefully, but as long as Yasser Arafat lived they didn't even have a chance...

so please reconsider.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
gordo said:
anyway, here are some points which most of you probably did not know as most eventuated before we were born...
In 1969 Neil Armstrong walked on the moon

Just in case you didnt know, seeing as, you know - you weren't born and all.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
I'm sorry, but can you remind me for a second, who won the Nobel Peace Prize?

Generator

HSC
N/A
gordo said:
It seems I have a motive here, and indeed I guess i do, since i have read how western people think the man should get respect. There are obviously always 2 sides, like taliban think osama should get respect etc..
Though I don't doubt what you have written up above, surely you should realise that someone else could quite easily create another post detailing the supposed atrocities of the Israeli armed forces?

Edit: My original point was meant to be that it is far from being a simple 2-sided situation, but for some reason I ended up paraphrasing your own point.

Last edited:

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Hailing Arafat as a peace-loving man, would be like hailing Chen Shuibian as a benevolent god.

Fidel Castro

Sharon just as evil as Arafat. At least Arafat tried to help along the peace process. Sharon just wants to bomb and slay as many palestinians as possible.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
lol i figured this thread would end up like this...

well i made my point and I hope you benefit from that, but by the looks of things such as the comment about him winning the nobel prize, ppl didn't even read what i posted.

and generator exactly, there are facist terrorist jews as well. but the point is that arafat should not be hailed as a peace loving man, all he did was disrupt the process by rejecting accords over and over and promoting terrorism. he is the father of modern terrorism and ppl would be naive to think otherwise.

please read everything in my first post before u go and point fingers again ppl :)
and don't try and make some heroic supportive stand for the sake of attention.

fidel... i won't even bother.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
well i think anyone who bothers to follow the news and is aware of the middle east crisis would know that arafat did some good and some bad........hes not a saint but he was fighting israeli occupation and u cant expect him as a leader to give in easily to all of israeli demands and lead his ppl into devastation......he had an obligation to his ppl and if violence was the only way to protect his ppl then he was going to do it.......he obviously kept hidden alot of money whilst his ppl starved but outwardly he had to look like he was there for the palestinians........and no hes not the father of modern terrorism......i dont call resistance against occupation "terrorism"

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
gordo said:
The Israelis and Palestinians may never coexist peacefully, but as long as Yasser Arafat lived they didn't even have a chance...

so please reconsider.
let me rephrase that.............as long as evil men like sharon live......there will be no peace in the middle east..............arafat is dead and sharon is left to do as he pleases now coz the only person who eva stood in his way is gone....... as long as israel is building walls on palestinian land, pushing the palestinains futher and futher back IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY and demolishing palestinian homes there will be no peace in the middle east.....

Generator

HSC
N/A
The difference is that Sharon may well lose his position given the democratic nature of Israel, but with Arafat there was no such chance.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Generator said:
The difference is that Sharon may well lose his position given the democratic nature of Israel, but with Arafat there was no such chance.
Yeah, but Arafat didn't half lose his position.

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
My Summary

Arafat --> had the chance to do some real good peace decisions when Clinton was around but he refused because of his patriotism and arrogance, but he still fought for his people ---> hence his what i call a respectable man who fucked up the peace process

Arielle Sharon --> fat penguin whose got all the power he needs, given by the americans (ever since after ww2) to go and bulldoze palestine homes, blast rockets into random buildings, build walls, shoot children and comparable to hitler ---> fucken fat asshole who thinks violence is the only way to solve problems

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
People keep talking about Palestianian land, Palestianian homes. The problem is that the Israelis Also believe that it's Jewish land, Jewish homes. Much of this land is in fact sacred to both sides, which is why Sharon opposed the burial of Arafat in Jerusalem.

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
thousand years ago jewish had no home land,
but then suddenly they just declared that their land and palestinians were forced out, and made to live on some scarce block of land.

If that happened to u , how would u feel?

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
two hundred years ago, aborigine people had this land. Then their land became white people land.

Problem is, I know absolutely nobody who was actually there when their ancestors' land was stolen.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
VanCarBus said:
thousand years ago jewish had no home land,
but then suddenly they just declared that their land and palestinians were forced out, and made to live on some scarce block of land.

If that happened to u , how would u feel?

the debate is vastly more complex than that.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Phanatical said:
People keep talking about Palestianian land, Palestianian homes. The problem is that the Israelis Also believe that it's Jewish land, Jewish homes. Much of this land is in fact sacred to both sides, which is why Sharon opposed the burial of Arafat in Jerusalem.
look it was jewish land in biblical times..........but since 4eva it has been palestinian land........and who says they cant share.........the palestinians are willing to share.........but how abt giving them a bit more than gaza and ramallah to live in......and how abt leaving the palestinians to live in peace...........and how abt not building walls on palestinian land.........its been quite obvious to me that israel is in fact a nation that does not peace..........or else it would have occupied lebanon for 23 years...or attacked Egypt or Jordon.......israel is the next america......or actually more powerful than America since half the bloody US congress is jewish........ when sharon dies id like to see where they bury him.........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)