• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Please Reply ASAP: Course Selection (1 Viewer)

sirfeathers

HSC
My school has a policy of making Extension students enrol for extra units because some people drop their Extension subjects before finishing Prelim. To make sure that they will still have the minimum 10units if they do this, they make us enrol in an extra subject. After one or two terms of getting used to Extension, anyone who had to enrol in extra subjects is allowed to drop it.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
oh right i see...they wanna leave your option open of dropping both extensions at the end of the year if you want to.

there is no formal NSW policy like this. you shouldn't have to do that....the minimum is 12 units for yr 11.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
lacklustre said:
So am I right in saying that I dn't need to worry about it until like 2 weeks before the exam? Or should I be regularly study?
Ummm....by the way, i'll just chip in that SoulSearcher happens to be the board's known 07 prodigy/genius - anything he says in counter to this is out of modesty . you should set your personal standards, dont take it from others, but SOR is relatively easier than other subjects as its mainly regurgitation of info.

but i personally would not rely on 2weeks prior to exams to have everything organised.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
-pari- said:
Ummm....by the way, i'll just chip in that SoulSearcher happens to be the board's known 07 prodigy/genius - anything he says in counter to this is out of modesty . you should set your personal standards, dont take it from others, but SOR is relatively easier than other subjects as its mainly regurgitation of info.

but i personally would not rely on 2weeks prior to exams to have everything organised.
Too flattering :uhhuh:

Add the fact that I don't care about the subject, and you pretty much got it right.

Razzah

HSC
Manwithaplan said:
Razzah, by any chance, do you go to Malek Fahd?
They have similar policies there.
Nah I don't.

Also for closure: My parents wrote a letter to the school, my school never sent us a letter back or an email or any acknowledgement that they had received the letter untill my economics teacher, 5 weeks later, informed me.

They then gave me false hope that I was going to drop the subject and at the last minute said I couldn't. As a result, I'm pretty much stuff for prelim economics.

:burn:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)