pleaze help!!!....im runnin outa time!! (1 Viewer)

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Two of my friends got nominated for DesignTech and they chose:

- A world first bunk bed, sofa and double bed combo; and
- A floating fish finder.

Whatever you do, engage with it and make it your own. Look in your community for someone in need of revolution and rock their casbah.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Fuck this fucked server.

I'm never coming back to BOS again.

sue89

HSC
pleaze help!!...im runnin outa time

hey guyz, im runnin outa time n i start year 12 in a week. I have no clue wat 2 do 4 my major project. Someone suggested a cozie 4 chicks with big boobs n i could get someone 2 make it but that wont get me any marks. Could u guys give me any ideas, tips ,suggestions....anythin to help me get a startin point. Thanks heaps u guys. anythin would be much appreciated.
Ps. does anyone know what the markers look for...I.e...i heard u get heaps gd mks if u make ur project outa recycled material...anyfin else u guyz no bout?
thankz!

chamelia

HSC
- An outdoor smoking facility for pubs
- A childrens play centre
- A cover for CD's that doesnt break
- A multi functional piece of furniture..ie...plant holder..turns into storage unit..turns into stool...
- a range of reversable bags for different purposes...waterproof for the beach on
the outside and a shopping bag on the inside

It would be easier if you listed your interests and skills.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
i say u just look at what ur interests are and research it then come up wit an idea...

this will help u to actually show that u analysed a range of needs and didnt just make a wooden coffee table

also maybe base ur search around what courses u do..... i found that in my folio i could put alot of complicated information about maths, enviromental issues and physics related principals as these were courses i did (i also wrote as little as possible as i hate english)

untimately it aint a great idea that gets u good marks, sure it has 2 be innovative but its all about the process so document this page as research (posts that occur after term 4) and also document any time u spend on the net just lookin for ideas as these all come in very hand on that last night wen u put together ur folio....it also provides justification of y u maybe didnt make as much as some other people, casue u have the evidence that u looked at a range of projects

hope this helps

-dawso

niteshade1312

HSC
how are you running out of time, i didnt come up with my idea until half way through term 4 and i finished it.... list your interests and you should be making your project because you want to and because it has a NEED, and deifnately not for the MARKERS..

fakingtheday

HSC
Just make sure you fill in shit under all the marking headings and DO NOT PAD OUT. My sister is starting her hsc like next week or whenever the fuck it is. (she just finished prelim) and she's doing an unbreakable folder. I told her it was homo but no don't listen to me.

pmr_123

HSC
whatever you do, it must be innovative to get the top marks, do something you've never seen before and by all means make it weird and wacky. surprise the examiners.
i hand carved a chaise lounge, and put drawers and shite underneath, so it was a multi purpose piece of furniture, and it must have worked cause i got nominated for designTECH.
goodluck

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
pmr_123 said:
whatever you do, it must be innovative to get the top marks, do something you've never seen before and by all means make it weird and wacky. surprise the examiners.
i hand carved a chaise lounge, and put drawers and shite underneath, so it was a multi purpose piece of furniture, and it must have worked cause i got nominated for designTECH.
goodluck
not really.....

all d+t marking just like any subject has to be outcome based. hence u can simply make a bed....nothin innovative about the product but if ur folio still has extensive information about each section then it can stuill get high marks,

as for the section on innocation and creativity, u can use innovatuive construction techniques and by doing extensive testing here u can still acheive the top marks....

from what ive seen, most of those who achieve the very top marks (like 3 people i know hu hav got first in the state) in fact do simple designs because those who have very innovative products think this alone is enough to echeive high marks and dont put enough effort into the theory side

Picle

HSC
I had a mad design but time management was terrible did a big folio but still the product was crap in the end so i dunno what i'll be getting :(. One girl at my school did clip on face covers for a handbag and did a fricken insane folio and she got a nomination for dt powerhouse thing

niteshade1312

HSC
my best advice is do something that you're not going to get sick of, something innovative and interesting...dont do it because you want to get into designtech, do it because you're going to have fun designing for it.

BUT

Dont do something that gives you limited opportunities to design because it wont be fulfilling, or very interesting..

Picle

HSC
i did one that needed electronics and i had nothing to know aobut them so i sucked hard. I did it coz the teacher said it could get me good marks and because the slack prick kept saying my other ideas sucked pretty much and didnt meet a need yet others could do a desk....or a chair...

shortie_689

HSC
I designed an landscaped my front yard...
the girls in my glass did
- designed a surf board an had it made
- redesigned their bathroom
- renovated a stair case
- a quilt (preselected for the power house)
- a child care centre design (WAS CRAP)
- designed an made shoe accessories it was sooo good

MAKE UR DESIGN INNOVATIVE YET ORIGINAL FUNCTIONAL AN EASILY ACCESSABLE easy for the markers to understand...
I loved DT man it was my favourite i had like 6 folders an books in the end that i handed in i loved it

alzeari

Alzeari!!!
HSC
shortie_689 said:
I designed an landscaped my front yard...
the girls in my glass did
- designed a surf board an had it made
- redesigned their bathroom
- renovated a stair case
- a quilt (preselected for the power house)
- a child care centre design (WAS CRAP)
- designed an made shoe accessories it was sooo good

MAKE UR DESIGN INNOVATIVE YET ORIGINAL FUNCTIONAL AN EASILY ACCESSABLE easy for the markers to understand...
I loved DT man it was my favourite i had like 6 folders an books in the end that i handed in i loved it

im doing a youth drop in centre for my town, cos theres shit all here and we're renown for bashings n wild feral kids. im totally stuffed as to how to go about it ant my teachers ueless atm. dont spose u'd know if the person who did the child care centre has ne useful advice? why was it so crap? i hope mines not; cos i hope to present it to our council afterward.

shortie_689

HSC
She had a tiny folio... did NO work on it and ended up with a TINY wen i say tiny i really mean it a tiny cardboard model.. She wouldnt have much... I suggest u look up legal documentation an that an what can an cant be used or done... Find a peice of land you would be interested in using and use it as a hypothetical area that u could use... Its a just a case or research and good back up

niteshade1312

HSC
just to throw this thought it, why are people doing things that someone elkse has done? thus the term innovative and creative!

sexy_italian

Along the Rainbow and under the stars where the fa
HSC
this doesn't mean that their projects will not be innovative and creative. it is hard to come up with an idea that someone hasn't done something similar. each project will be different they may start with a similar idea but i tell you now thier projects will look nothing alike - each person will add their own flare of creativity to their projects how does this make it uninnovative and uncreative?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)