PLT Providers! (1 Viewer)

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
So, I'm in my final year of studying law...

Been to a bunch of Practical Legal Training information nights; cut sick at the fuckers just trying to sell their shitty school; want some serious and unbiased advice, none of this bullshit about "I'm not trying to sell Leo Cussons to you, but come to Leo's we're the best" bullshit...

just want some unbiased advice... to me, they all seem like apples and oranges...

I was thinking of the ANU PLT course (because the lady actually treated me like a human being and not a dollar sign; I'm sure it was just a sales tactic)

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
I haven't really looked into PLT courses yet since i'm 2nd year and I think UTS is still doing in house PLT courses (but i've heard frightening rumours they're getting rid of this) but isn't the College of Law usually the go? There's one in St Leonards and CBD iirc

https://www.collaw.edu.au/

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Do the ANU course, it's fast and involves minimal effort.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Do the ANU course, it's fast and involves minimal effort.
Does it really matter where you do it???

Keep getting told that Leo Cussens is the bees knees... Don't really see the difference between all of them... Do you get treated differently at a job interview depending on where you did your PLT???

(but i've heard frightening rumours they're getting rid of this)
I actually hope for this, would be nice to see a return of the old article clerkships... Instead, legal training has turned into a massive cash cow, with the probable consequence of not practising due to an oversupply of law graduates...

Last edited:

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
It doesn't matter, most recruiters don't even want to see your certificate from the course, they just want to see your admission certificate. That being said, some courses make it easier for you. Pick one that's mostly online and involves the least amount of effort.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)