plz help ~! B comm at macq or B business at UTS ?? (1 Viewer)

ReaveR

HSC
flyin' said:
usually about stalking, but now that griz is gone... who knows what?
I'm sure all this fresh blood this year will bring out the stalker in one of us ;)

ethereal^

HSC
hey wat r my chances of gettin into uts late round??
i screwed up my preferences and i put macq before uts so i got accepted into macq.
the uts cut off was 90.25 and i had 90.7.
i heard that the uai reqs rise like 6 points?!
is there any way 4 me to make amends ~?

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
ethereal^ said:
hey wat r my chances of gettin into uts late round??
i screwed up my preferences and i put macq before uts so i got accepted into macq.
the uts cut off was 90.25 and i had 90.7.
i heard that the uai reqs rise like 6 points?!
is there any way 4 me to make amends ~?
its unlikely. as you said, most uais go up big time. you have little chance but no hurt trying. If not... see you at maq :p

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
*gasps
even though he's gonna be at macq
he's gonna be a "i wish i were at UTS" macq student
ahhh *shakes head

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Yeah I know... "make amends".

Hmm generally though once people get here they embrace the club macness within, so maybe there's hope for that person yet..

ethereal^

HSC
thx guys 4 all the info n shit ~
if i hadnt fuked up my preferences i wud b in uts. i called em today n its impossible 4 me to get in. im stuck at fukn macq. o well at least i can drive ther..

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
ethereal^ said:
im stuck at fukn macq.

now thats proberbly the silliest comment ever to make in a mac uni forum :uhhuh:

hrmm is there hope for me dear?

lol i guess this can be a lesson to u to pick your subjects at mac right, and remember...theres always transfers!

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
shelley said:
hrmm is there hope for me dear?
After a year at USYD, and with you being in B Arts (Advanced) (which has a UAI cut-off close to 99!) I'd say no...there's no hope. You're over to the darkside. Still, it's good you're gonna get a taste of MQ this year.

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
GoodToGo said:
After a year at USYD, and with you being in B Arts (Advanced) (which has a UAI cut-off close to 99!) I'd say no...there's no hope. You're over to the darkside. Still, it's good you're gonna get a taste of MQ this year.
lol darkside....hey but i have cookies! so no mac laid backness will permeate my body :p

goody i guess my grades will be safe then

Last edited:

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
totally random question. but what does '<3' mean? is it a love heart or some insult? because i get a hell of a lot of them. :/

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Connect the gaps...it looks like a heart. And yes, it's good

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
its unlikely. as you said, most uais go up big time. you have little chance but no hurt trying. If not... see you at maq :p
6 points as in from 90.xx to 96.xx or 90.xx to 90.6x?

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
steph@nie said:
6 points as in from 90.xx to 96.xx or 90.xx to 90.6x?
6 points, did i say that? I think if someone said up by 6 points they would mean 90 to 96, but not sure. With Late/final round, 6 points increase isnt unusual. i got my Barts-psych late round when lowest was 92.5 and its usually 86ish. Very rare for a uai to go down.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Oh no the person who you were quoting did. I just must've clicked the wrong button.

Hmm.

cr in accg

HSC
IronMike said:
OK. First of all. When I transfered to UNSW, I had to do MACRO and MICRO AGAIN as I was unabled to get credit. Introduction to Economics at UTS was very practical in that it FOCUSED on HOW business should be run in accordance with the economic cycle/facts and HOW various factors in economy affect the operation of businesses. Although, some people claim that this subject is very superficial in that it deals with MACRO and MICRO in one subject, for me it was just appropriate level of teaching for GENERAL business students (not ALL business students need profound knowledge in such field for obvious reasons).
In UNSW, I found that, for example MACRO and MICRO, subjects had very extensive content but it really lacked practicality. The subject content included many irrelevant concepts and ideas on economics that weren't necessarily important for all if not most commerce students. (I think the reason for this is that B Eco and B Com do the same subjects in the first year which means that they need to adaquately provide for B Eco students unlike UTS where they dont have B Eco and the first year subs are purely directed towards B Business students).
everyone knows that B COMMERCE @ macq is harder than B BUSINESS @ UTS. They shouldnt be compared coz at UTS the core subjects are easy business theory subjects, whilst in a commerce degree like macq u study much more in depth financial and economic analysis.

Plus UTS dont have prerequisites which would make things very easy, in comparison to Macq where if u fail a subject u cannot move on until u pass it again (which is the case in a lot of subjects).

So the decision is yours. You want to do more work and end up with a more qualified degree do B COMMERCE at Macq, but if u want a more practical business aspect do the easier but worthwhile B BUSINESS at UTS.

P.S. If u are a commerce student IRONMIKE u need to learn the harder concepts and theories, there's no point watering it down coz then it wouldnt be a commerce degree would it. It would be business!

sypher

HSC
Don't these statistics speak for themselves?

UNIVERSITY challenge
Graduates recruited to PricewaterhouseCoopers, Ernst & Young and Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu for 2004

NEW SOUTH WALES / ACT
University of New South Wales 57
University of Technology, Sydney 44
University of Sydney 36
Macquarie University 18
Australian National University 9
University of Western Sydney 6
University of Wollongong 5
University of Newcastle 4
University of Canberra 3

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
IronMike responded to most of those claims in his subsequent posts (which form the bulk of the thread - I think pages 2 to 6). =p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
sypher said:
Don't these statistics speak for themselves?

UNIVERSITY challenge
Graduates recruited to PricewaterhouseCoopers, Ernst & Young and Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu for 2004

NEW SOUTH WALES / ACT
University of New South Wales 57
University of Technology, Sydney 44
University of Sydney 36
Macquarie University 18
Australian National University 9
University of Western Sydney 6
University of Wollongong 5
University of Newcastle 4
University of Canberra 3
First, alot (in comparison to very very few if any at Maquarie) of UTS people are on scholarships with those firms.
Second, alot of Macquarie students are internation students who don't apply for "Big 4".
Third, Accounting is not equivalent to "Commerce".
Fourth, statistics don't tell the full story.
Fifth, are you telling me that Sydney Commerce is worse than UTS Commerce?
Sixth, are you telling me that ANU Commerce is worse than Macquarie Commerce?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)