Plz Help Wif My Poor Economic Understanding. (1 Viewer)

MeehShanku

MeehShankU
HSC
sup boyz n girls. i got some qustions to ask n hopefully u ppl can answer them for me. I know that some of them are supposed to be really easy, but yea im kinda behind.

Anyways, my first question is what role do transnational corporation play in the globalisation

NoShadowKick

HSC
N/A
invest overseas. people overseas send money back to the corporate based nation.

monique66

they are responsible for economic investment in other countries which also means financial flows, um..why do you ask? is this prelim or hsc stuff?

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
hsc.

TNCs increase the level of world trade and therefore the extent of globalisation because their production, operation and distribution may occur in a number of different countries.

MeehShanku

MeehShankU
HSC
oh sweet thx ppl. i just asked because im tryin to revise for my economic half yearlies. Anymore things u ppl can suggest that i shold know?

monique66

what are you up to? i reckon u should study the first ch but not in too much detail (don't spend too much time on it) because its not the most important

MeehShanku

MeehShankU
HSC
oh ok. umm... this question is about the exchange rate. how does an increase in the exchange rate increases inflation?

monique66

well (this is if you have done inflation- if not dun stress too much) what happens is that if imports become more expensive and/or the dollar depriciates, we are essentially importing inflation because it costs more to buy the same or less imports. :rolleyes:

MeehShanku

MeehShankU
HSC
yea thx. just wonderin how long u gona stay on the net for? just incase i got questions

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
Jago said:
hsc.

TNCs increase the level of world trade and therefore the extent of globalisation because their production, operation and distribution may occur in a number of different countries.
I think this definition is most accurate. Take Microsoft for example, a TNC utilises the special skills of each independant country/economy to minimize production costs. They therefore comprise of a large proportion of contemporary trade and have only emerged because of the process of Globalisation.

monique66

umm...just off the top of my head something like:
fixed- the govt. hold meeting to determine the price of the currency and it is left like that for i dunno how long and usually (but not in the case of china) it is overvalued
peg- the govt. sets the price at 9am each morning (it might be in relation to another countries currency e.g. us)

monique66

yeah...i just had my third exam and that was on inflation so i'm a bit rusty with everything else... :eek:

monique66

oh well, it seems like u know what your on about :) good luck with everything, good thing about eco is that you can cram like hell (not that i'm suggesting u do it!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)