plzzz i need help with hatshepsut (1 Viewer)

mika007

HSC
N/A
can any one help me i need to do a 5 -7 min speach on

- ancient and modern images and interpretations of Hatshepsut

plzz plzz plzz can anyone help :confused:

HSC
mika007 said:
can any one help me i need to do a 5 -7 min speach on

- ancient and modern images and interpretations of Hatshepsut

plzz plzz plzz can anyone help :confused:
dont you have the macquarie, or excel books? They both [i think] have a summary of that dot point, and you could use them and expand, on each.

also dont forget to have some secondary and primary sources .

Check this http://www.boredofstudies.org/view.php?course=23 it should help you

Firstly, list both modern and ancient sources, say if they are positive or negative, state the names of historians, what each of them thinks of Hatshepsut and her life, you could also mention which of them agree with each other.

Also try to make sure that when talking about this section, you actually mention the rest of the syllabus, like her military campaigns, her step son, her totally ignoring her husband ruling Egypt. Also that she was a sucessful FEMALE pharaoh, the Ma'at. And the buildings made, Amun [more sucessful, wealthy when she ruled] people think she bribed Amuns priests therefore they began supporting her, and that she would have been as sucessful as she was if it wasnt for the suport of the men helping her, and the attempts to erase her from history.

Just anything you find important mention by a historian mention it, if there are both ancient and modern views then thats even better.

thats all i could think about right now. Good luck with your assignment.

bored6

HSC
circusmind said:
Watch your language, son.
Lol.

Don't know so much about ancient - wouldn't it all just be in favour of Hatshepsut; propoaganda?

But modern would go something like this:

Three distinict stages in interpretations of Hatshepsut:

Prefeminists:

Mertz
Gardiner
Wilson
Steindorff and Steele

All these essentially viewed Hatshepsut as a usurper of the crown; had a poor relationship with Thutmose III which they established from the destruction of her monument and erasure of name; "devoid of military campaigns except for an unimportant raid into Nubia" and more concerned with "internal development and commerce"

A good quote to use is one by Callender who asserts that they "Their prejudces may have led them to ignore evidence..."

- Reviewers

Redford
Dorman
Hayes?
Breasted
Nims
O'Connor

Most important one to note here is Redford - he pioneered work into Hatshepsuts military campaigns "The evidence for military campaigns is more plentiful then sometimes thought" Also, more specifically, O'connor establishes that "Egypts influence was stabilized in the third cataract [of the Nile] and extended into the fourth"

You would also want to look at why they derived these conclusions i.e. Primiary evidence:

Speos Artemidos
Speech of Pahket
Coronation Text
Red Chapel blocks

Also, the relationship with Thutmose III is reviewed - changed from what Wilson established as the "vindictive fury of Thut III"

Nims conducted archeological work into ruins of Hatshepsut - found damage done to the destruction of monuments was done in year 20 "too long to hold a grudge before taking action of it"

Feminists

Tyldesley
Robins
Lawless?

Quite controversial and probably will be disputed but there is a hint of leaning towards a slight bias

Good quotes:

"Buildings served as a constant reminder there was a powerful pharoh on the throne" - Tyldesley (this one was always a big wtfgayzor for me)

Also, you might want to look into the heiress theory / dispute between Robins and Redford.

And link your argument to changing interpretations to the context in which they were writing.

HSC
bored6 said:
Lol.

Don't know so much about ancient - wouldn't it all just be in favour of Hatshepsut; propoaganda?

But modern would go something like this:

Three distinict stages in interpretations of Hatshepsut:

Prefeminists:

Mertz
Gardiner
Wilson
Steindorff and Steele

All these essentially viewed Hatshepsut as a usurper of the crown; had a poor relationship with Thutmose III which they established from the destruction of her monument and erasure of name; "devoid of military campaigns except for an unimportant raid into Nubia" and more concerned with "internal development and commerce"

A good quote to use is one by Callender who asserts that they "Their prejudces may have led them to ignore evidence..."

- Reviewers

Redford
Dorman
Hayes?
Breasted
Nims
O'Connor

Most important one to note here is Redford - he pioneered work into Hatshepsuts military campaigns "The evidence for military campaigns is more plentiful then sometimes thought" Also, more specifically, O'connor establishes that "Egypts influence was stabilized in the third cataract [of the Nile] and extended into the fourth"

You would also want to look at why they derived these conclusions i.e. Primiary evidence:

Speos Artemidos
Speech of Pahket
Coronation Text
Red Chapel blocks

Also, the relationship with Thutmose III is reviewed - changed from what Wilson established as the "vindictive fury of Thut III"

Nims conducted archeological work into ruins of Hatshepsut - found damage done to the destruction of monuments was done in year 20 "too long to hold a grudge before taking action of it"

Feminists

Tyldesley
Robins
Lawless?

Quite controversial and probably will be disputed but there is a hint of leaning towards a slight bias

Good quotes:

"Buildings served as a constant reminder there was a powerful pharoh on the throne" - Tyldesley (this one was always a big wtfgayzor for me)

Also, you might want to look into the heiress theory / dispute between Robins and Redford.

And link your argument to changing interpretations to the context in which they were writing.
i expected more from you Algard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)