PM vows to block 'dark side' of net (1 Viewer)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
They're going to review the content that will be censored. It's almost as though someone on this site said on numerous occasions that the filter in its current form is a preliminary thing that will be tweaked considerably before anyone tries to implement it.
Actually Lentern, they're brushing it under the carpet without having to explicitly say so.

What will parliament look like in 12 months? A Greens balance of power. What would that mean? Internet censorship wouldn't pass the senate.

Lentern

HSC
Actually Lentern, they're brushing it under the carpet without having to explicitly say so.

What will parliament look like in 12 months?
Rubbish they're just emphasising what has always been their position, that they were not going to implement it in their first term. They were never going to try and force that ugly beast through the parliament because they would have lost out and the public would have toasted their failure. It was a preliminary model which was always going to be tweaked as time went by.
A Greens balance of power. What would that mean? Internet censorship wouldn't pass the senate.
I also said that in its current form there was next to no chance it would ever pass both houses of parliament when I was mocking people like you and the way you, you know, cared.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Rubbish they're just emphasising what has always been their position, that they were not going to implement it in their first term. They were never going to try and force that ugly beast through the parliament because they would have lost out and the public would have toasted their failure. It was a preliminary model which was always going to be tweaked as time went by.

I also said that in its current form there was next to no chance it would ever pass both houses of parliament when I was mocking people like you and the way you, you know, cared.
Fuck you eat Labour spin up for breakfeast, lunch and tea.

It's pathetic Lentern.

Lentern

HSC
Fuck you eat Labour spin up for breakfeast, lunch and tea.

It's pathetic Lentern.
What the hell man? I have been the strongest critic of this government, yourself and the other libertarians included. More to the point, back when Conroy was stridently declaring that the current model was the one that was going to enacted into legislation, I was saying that it was going to tweaked significantly, you lot were the ones that swallowed the macho rhetoric , now they've backdown like I said they would and you somehow deduce from it that I'm the gullible one? Bloody hell.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
Slidey isn't a libertarian you fucking cock-smoker

Lentern

HSC
Slidey isn't a libertarian you fucking cock-smoker
He calls himself one, given how you cretins have been perverting notions of liberalism to the extent it now epitomises greed and selfishness I'll just address anyone who asks to be called one as a libertarian. Except Iron.

BBJ is back

Banned
HSC
N/A
He calls himself one, given how you cretins have been perverting notions of liberalism to the extent it now epitomises greed and selfishness I'll just address anyone who asks to be called one as a libertarian. Except Iron.
stfu labor/commy scum

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
What the hell man? I have been the strongest critic of this government, yourself and the other libertarians included. More to the point, back when Conroy was stridently declaring that the current model was the one that was going to enacted into legislation, I was saying that it was going to tweaked significantly, you lot were the ones that swallowed the macho rhetoric , now they've backdown like I said they would and you somehow deduce from it that I'm the gullible one? Bloody hell.
The only reason they're pretending to 'tweak' it is because everybody (from businesses to scientists to other political parties to industry to ordinary citizens) is so stridently against it.

One doesn't have to be a libertarian to recognise the abject stupidity of this policy.

Lentern

HSC
The only reason they're pretending to 'tweak' it is because everybody (from businesses to scientists to other political parties to industry to ordinary citizens) is so stridently against it.

One doesn't have to be a libertarian to recognise the abject stupidity of this policy.
The opposition to it is so uniform because of the flaws in the model, they would have been barking to push through with it in its current form even with public approval. Then again this party has made me look a fool for crediting it with intelligence in the past, perhaps I should be weary of that here.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
The opposition to it is so uniform because of the flaws in the model, they would have been barking to push through with it in its current form even with public approval. Then again this party has made me look a fool for crediting it with intelligence in the past, perhaps I should be weary of that here.
Anyway, something good has come out of it - a reassessment of the Refused Classification category of media, which has long been needed.

Lentern

HSC
Something that was inevitable for anyone who could figure out the day of the week it it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)