• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Poems Specified (1 Viewer)

roryclifford

HSC
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if, for Module B, any of the poems by Yeats can be specified?
And if I would then have to construct an essay with each poem involved to be completely ready (which is a bit ridiculous).

Thanks!

amour

Female
HSC
Hey Guys,

And if I would then have to construct an essay with each poem involved to be completely ready (which is a bit ridiculous).

Thanks!
ive seen it for a trial
im doing harwood and they specified to use the poem the violets and another poem.
yeh it was similar for yeats too but ofc they specified a yeats poem instead of gwen harwood[

acehscwebsite

HSC
N/A
Hey Guys,

Thanks!
It is possible, but I think that would be highly unlikely because at the HSC they want students to be able to show case their knowledge rather than restrict them and in specifying a poem they could restrict a student to a certain extent from writing their best. However, there is no reason to stop them from doing so... So I'd say learn 3 poems thoroughly, and know the other poems well enough to write a paragraph. but invest your energy into studying the poems you know best. If you take a look at the Standard paper 2 for last year, they specified extracts, so which means they can very well do so for advanced as well :)

jcorlis

HSC
Just been looking back through past exams aye, seems like most years they have specified a poem, so if i was you id be ready for all of them. i know i will be!

roryclifford

HSC
It is possible, but I think that would be highly unlikely because at the HSC they want students to be able to show case their knowledge rather than restrict them and in specifying a poem they could restrict a student to a certain extent from writing their best. However, there is no reason to stop them from doing so... So I'd say learn 3 poems thoroughly, and know the other poems well enough to write a paragraph. but invest your energy into studying the poems you know best. If you take a look at the Standard paper 2 for last year, they specified extracts, so which means they can very well do so for advanced as well :)
Thanks guys for your responses
And yeah so far I have learnt 4 well and have the others in the back of my mind, hopefully this year they dont specify but I guess I will just wait and see :)

And jcorlis, your thinking is irrational just like your pic ;) Definitely do not know you irl ayy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)