Poker (1 Viewer)

sthcross.dude

HSC
haha that bonus took me so long. Plus i had a Refer-A-Friend bonus to clear aswel.

Im not worried about the variance as ive been playing on the 0.05/0.10 table for Omaha while i learn the game.

Haven't played 1/2 or 2/4 NL for ages. Players on Full Tilt are too sharp, I was loosing money. Everyone is a rock.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Players on stars are even worse, plus there's no rakeback. But their frequent player points can't be beat

sthcross.dude

HSC
bazookajoe said:
Players on stars are even worse, plus there's no rakeback. But their frequent player points can't be beat
Can u recommend any sites where games above $1/2 blinds are actually beatable. I find everyone is just so tight the only winner is the rake.

One theory i read is that online poker has become unprofitable even for many professionals because as the phenomenom gets older, poor players go bust while quality players stay on trying to squeeze profits from a proportionally ever shrinking pool of fish. It seems to make sense.

Nowdays i dont take it very seriously. Low limit light entertainment all the way.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Party Poker players are ridiculously bad, but there's no rakeback and the player point system is almost non-existant. I don't have too much experience at those levels, but I've heard from a lot of people that it's ridiculous, and my only shot at $1/$2 blinds was at Party and they were really bad.
But again, the lake of rakeback is pretty lame and will cost you a lot over the long run.

sthcross.dude

HSC
bazookajoe said:
Party Poker players are ridiculously bad, but there's no rakeback and the player point system is almost non-existant. I don't have too much experience at those levels, but I've heard from a lot of people that it's ridiculous, and my only shot at $1/$2 blinds was at Party and they were really bad.
But again, the lake of rakeback is pretty lame and will cost you a lot over the long run.
I think the party poker players = shit theory u see on alot of sites is a myth. (except at the low limits). At the higher limits party players a quite good, although not as good as full tilt. Plus as u point out the high rake without any compensatory systems makes Party pretty unattractive.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
If I was just looking for a site to play on, I'd just go for one with decent rakeback. But make sure it's dealt, not contributed rakeback

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
I play all kinds of poker, including stud, razz, omaha. I make most of my "grinding" profit on Full Tilt at the limit tables. It's pretty easy, sit on the $1/$2 tables take $40 to four different ones, and play absolute ABC poker. Nothing fancy. Chase only if pot odds dictate you should, and follow TJ Cloutier's rule -- if I don't flop it, I'm done with it. Just keep betting and betting on top pair and clueless people will follow you to the river with rags, just because it's limit. Be careful they're not speed tables too because if they are, 4 at a time becomes almost impossible to control without slipping up and making mistakes in your game.

sthcross.dude

HSC
Logain said:
I play all kinds of poker, including stud, razz, omaha. I make most of my "grinding" profit on Full Tilt at the limit tables. It's pretty easy, sit on the $1/$2 tables take $40 to four different ones, and play absolute ABC poker. Nothing fancy. Chase only if pot odds dictate you should, and follow TJ Cloutier's rule -- if I don't flop it, I'm done with it. Just keep betting and betting on top pair and clueless people will follow you to the river with rags, just because it's limit. Be careful they're not speed tables too because if they are, 4 at a time becomes almost impossible to control without slipping up and making mistakes in your game.
Seems like a solid strategy. Ive never got into limit but have heard its the most reliable way to actually grind out a profit from poker. What kind of hourly rate are u able to make using this strategy? Also whats ur bankroll?

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
sthcross.dude said:
Seems like a solid strategy. Ive never got into limit but have heard its the most reliable way to actually grind out a profit from poker. What kind of hourly rate are u able to make using this strategy? Also whats ur bankroll?
It depends, on a good day you can make a fairly good profit, maybe $100/hr with some big hands. I deposited $75 the first time and won a few tournaments, now I grind my roll up on the limit tables. I'm close to $1800 now.

sthcross.dude

HSC
Logain said:
It depends, on a good day you can make a fairly good profit, maybe $100/hr with some big hands. I deposited $75 the first time and won a few tournaments, now I grind my roll up on the limit tables. I'm close to $1800 now.
Impressive.

Im sure you can make $100 hr or more on a great day. But this would not be close to ur actual long run hourly rate. Generally most excellent limit players hope to make about 1-2 BB per hour. So at $1/2 hold em you'd be lucky to make $2 an hour in the long run. Just cause eventually you would get runs of bad beats that would hit you really hard.

What limit are you playing at atm?

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Yeah but I'm playing 4 tables at once, remember. I'm still on $1/$2... not moving up till I hit $2k.

sthcross.dude

HSC
Logain said:
Yeah but I'm playing 4 tables at once, remember. I'm still on $1/$2... not moving up till I hit $2k.
Forgot that. So i spose long run $8 ph is possible. not bad for something thats fun as well. I dont have the time to play seriously anymore.

good luck.

ihatewriting

HSC
I`m very active to watch! So I can play, not watch. I like it very much and I know 3 kinds of poker...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)