Police speed cameras (1 Viewer)

starlitwonder

HSC
I heard that the police can only catch you if you're going 10 km/h or more over the speed limit because they have to account for human error? obviously fixed speed cameras can get u at any speed, but does anyone know the truth about police cameras?

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
Not human error. It's for speedometer calibration issues, which always show a speed different from the one you are travelling at. It's 10% or something like that - but not 10km. So they may not book you for 55 in a 50 - but I think 60 in a 50 will net you a fine.

Feel free to correct me, I am not entirely clear on the workings of police cameras.

7th Sign

HSC
police can pull you over if you are doing more then 3k's over the limit I believe..

It is deffiantly not 10k's

BeastHouse

HSC
Well it all depends where you are. NSW Police will allow for 10% error, eg in a 100 zone they will start booking from 110 or 111. However, VIC Police will book from 3 km/h over the limit, whether it be in a 40 zone or a 110 zone. Not very fair when the car manufactorers say to allow for 10%.

This shows that Victorian Police RADAR and Speed Camera opperations are merely a revenue raiser with such low tollerance that is a farce.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Victorian Police also use mobile speed cameras hidden in normal cars that they park on the side of the road. If they started using those in NSW all but 20 people would have lost their license within a month.

BeastHouse

HSC
Wasnt the RADAR in the Subie, was the speedo. But it doesnt really matter what they use as a Highway Patrol vehicle now as they have Digital Speedometers which is independant of the vehicles speedo.

BRING BACK THE SUBIE!

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
7th Sign said:
police can pull you over if you are doing more then 3k's over the limit I believe..

It is deffiantly not 10k's
lol i doubt any cops gonna pull some cat over for doing 4km over the limit...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
iamsickofyear12 said:
Victorian Police also use mobile speed cameras hidden in normal cars that they park on the side of the road. If they started using those in NSW all but 20 people would have lost their license within a month.
Victoria also don't have those signs saying 24 HR SPEED CAMERA like they do here. You never know where the cameras are

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I think they recently put out a list of where all the fixed speed cameras are and where the most popular spots for the mobile ones are. I don't know why though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)