policy graphs (1 Viewer)

Haku

yea i want the micro ones too.

btw, what is the recommended no. of graphs to include in ur essays

know_it_all

all i know for micro would be to show an increase in supply...on a regular graph

but for macro?

Haku

from what i gathered, macro is just fiscal and monetary

the only monetary one i know is the interest rate graph and fiscal...i dun know

know_it_all

by interest rate graph, do you mean the one with the 3 vertical lines to show changes in supply of funds?

Haku

no ones answering, wish jago would stop buy or sunjet too, and don;t forget Rafy.

esieff

Graphs are overrated. They are not a necessity in an essay - and you're not gonna impress anyone by chucking one in just for the sake of it. They are only worthwhile if you are incapable of properly describing events in words, and then you can demonstrate it graphically. For a topic like micro, you could chuck a graph in with a shift of the supply curve to the right (more goods at a lower price = more efficient production), but if you can adequately describe it in words, it is simply a waste of time. Or so I'm told.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
nosadness said:
no ones answering, wish jago would stop buy or sunjet too, and don;t forget Rafy.
woohoo i'm in the same sentence as sunjet and rafy!!!

i'm not a big fan of graphs, but for macro graphs just draw a supply/demand graph with an increase in demand and for micro draw an increase in supply.

Don't forget when you draw a graph you have to might it straight and right, which costs time.

Haku

lol, sunjet and u are like the same level, somewhere along the lines of 90. Rafy is like 95. i am like in the 70s

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
haha and i think all 3 of us are planning to do economics as well next year.

gorgo31

HSC
Protection policy graphs are good to learn, too. Tariffs, quotas, subsidies etc., because even if you don't use them in an essay, chances are they will turn up in the Multiple Choice or Short Answer = teh ezy marks11!1!

kouklitsa

keynesian deflationary/inflationary gap.... takes a little while to understand though!!

Haku

Jago said:
haha and i think all 3 of us are planning to do economics as well next year.
lol, me too, i applied for com/art at usyd. hope i can get in

kouklitsa

hint: sydney uni economists are graph-addicts lol.. like my economics teacher... LOVE graphs and everything is about graphs =s why oh why is com/law or eco/law my first choice there

kouklitsa

nosadness said:
omg, nerd. so smart. doing law... :)
lol theres a difference between doing law and wanting to do it.. i wont get in *cries* or maybe at wollongong.. possibly, maybe, who knows...

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
yeah eco/law! hopefully i get 95 so i can do it at ANU

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)