Political Economy imminent shutdown (1 Viewer)

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't movement from theory towards vocation increase job skills for future career prospects?

bustinjustin

HSC
what971 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't movement from theory towards vocation increase job skills for future career prospects?
Actually, I need to correct myself first - I probably used the wrong words then, but there will be an increased focus on business management and significantly less on economic and social inquiry. Sure, it might be good for job prospects, but narrowing the range of units taught does nothing for intellectual curiousity, which should at least be part of the reason for undertaking tertiary study.

Besides, Sydney Uni is supposed to be a research institution - those who want 'vocational skills' and only vocational skills usually go to/should be somewhere else like UTS.

HSC
bustinjustin said:
At the ecopsoc meeting, Frank and Joe talked about how the Dean actually approached them and told them that if any one of them wanted to move to the Arts Faculty, he would support them all the way. Unfortunately, the Arts faculty is refusing to take on any Ecop lecturers, let alone the discipline as a whole - their 'deficit' is large enough... (*Sigh*)
Bloody arts department...why dont they can a completely retarded subject (Jewish Civilisation and Culture???) to put in the sexy political economy.

I wuv Frank :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)