Political Managemt Theory - Clarify pls? (1 Viewer)

daiesk

HSC
atm im completely confused about this whole concept of political management theory... could someone explain it to me pls? and also, is it concerned with the use of power and influence by the managers only... or it is also referring to the power and influence exerted by exeternal parties?

thanx :)

HSC
Try too relate it to ther other theories if you're stuck, ie. Classical-scientific is increasing productivity & effeciency through timing and that sort of shit, behavioural focuses on human relations, Political focuses on power

Look at your notes for the types of power (ie. coercive), Different ways not just management, but workers get there power, and then there is informal and formal coalitions, coalitions is person or people who join their powers to put forward an idea

If you read over it a few times, it clicks in, political is a very wierd one, I seriously don't really get informal and formal coalitions, just informal is mainly personal interests of the workers and formal the goals of the business-

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Casmira said:
Try too relate it to ther other theories if you're stuck, ie. Classical-scientific is increasing productivity & effeciency through timing and that sort of shit, behavioural focuses on human relations, Political focuses on power

Look at your notes for the types of power (ie. coercive), Different ways not just management, but workers get there power, and then there is informal and formal coalitions, coalitions is person or people who join their powers to put forward an idea

If you read over it a few times, it clicks in, political is a very wierd one, I seriously don't really get informal and formal coalitions, just informal is mainly personal interests of the workers and formal the goals of the business-
there are 5 types of power
coercive
reward
legitimate
referent
expert

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Casmira said:
If you got that off the top of your head, bravo ;)
thanks casmira
ill be honest with ya...
i looked at my notes as typing that up ;)
i wish i knew all this stuff off the top of my head
well done casmira looks like ur mastering ur info
u sound pretty smart dude :)

HSC
I've only summarised it, it won't stick in very well, after I've done BS I'm going to do a heap of questions and topic tests, anything I get wrong I look back and read through my summary notes of what the correct answer is ... Its a new stratergy, I hope it works :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)