Politics Units at MQ (1 Viewer)

antisheep

HSC
Due to my recent commerce-related conniptions... i've decided to switch to Arts doing at least for the moment politics units... I was wondering whether anyone had any units they found great/disappointing... also... the units don't have any prerequisites so I planned on doing a first year and second year unit simultaneously... anyone think that this would be a bad idea??? Thanks for the help...

The units I'm most strongly considering are -

POL167 - Thinking Politically
POL168 - Introduction to Global Politics
POL264 - Modern Political Thought
POL250 - Contemporary Issues in Australian Politics: Race, Nation, Class

thanks again!

Peartie

HSC
intro to global politics was ok...although i didnt particularly like the lecturer but hes gone now so im not 2 sure...was interesting.... havent done any of the others though

Most of the professors ive had have been really good...although some are slightly boring...

sampanye

HSC
I'm doing POL386 and possibly POL300 this semester. Haven't done other POL units at Macquarie as I transferred from an overseas uni but I've been told 386 is excellent.

I think you'll be fine doing 100/200 level units at once. I've been doing 200 and 300 level units this year and while the 300 level tend to require a bit more work and are more advanced, if you've done other study (in Commerce), you'll be absolutely fine.

ippie

HSC
I did POL167 for a while then dropped it. It was meant to be an elective (totally different to my other units), but I found it to be boring coz the lecturer was boring and the lecturer was also my tutor lol. But if you're interested and have an opinion on the subject matter and willing to do the readings then you should be okay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)