Poll: 2009 Umat - Hardest section? (1 Viewer)

Which section of the 2009 Umat did you find most challenging?

• Section 1

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • Section 2

Votes: 33 38.4%
  • Section 3

Votes: 21 24.4%

• Total voters

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
i was reading when they told us to turn.
I couldn't concentrate when he said turn. I was reading mindlessly.

He wastes like 2 mins giving an intro. And then he gives the same one when theres 10 minutes left. He reads in slo-mo too lol

"You have 10 minutes remaining. Please make sure you attempt all questions. Once you have finished, check over the section. You may not go over the previous/next section, I repeat that you may not go over to the previous/next section"

Last edited:

auxx

HSC
omg at the beginning of sec 2 the BLOODY SUN was on me and stayed on me for 15 mins, bloody annoyed me, and i got the biggest headache. Sec 2 was sooo ugly!

Sec 3 = beauty Sec 1 = mehh

simplyyme

HSC
wow im so surprised a lot of people thought that section 2 was hard :O it was by far the easiest and quickest section for me to do, on the other hand section 3 was the hardest for me

i remember during the exam when there was 10 mins left and that guy would speak into the microphone he scared the crap out of me everytime :(

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
omg at the beginning of sec 2 the BLOODY SUN was on me and stayed on me for 15 mins, bloody annoyed me

AHAHA SAME HERE except it was throughout section three that it happened for me

YEH FOR BEING IN SECTION DD xD
....it was hell awkward walking in with EVERYONE staring you down!!!

btw i found section 2 the hardest, for me there was too much reading =[[[

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
lol same, the sun was heaps bright on my desk but i didn't mind it too much.
section V!

simplyyme

HSC
lol same, the sun was heaps bright on my desk but i didn't mind it too much.
section V!
lol that would've been so distracting for me, luckily i was in section D all the way up front like right in front of the entrance, kind of awkward with all the people staring at you when they walk in though o_o

Eddo003

HSC
for me, i found section 1 really really hard on the timing, i had to guess a lot at the end.
section 2 was just difficult!!! i hated how it was so ambiguous, you could get it down to 2, then trying to find the 'most correct' one was just plain annoying, hardest section 2 i had done, way harder than medentry by far!
section 3 wasnt too bad, again i had to guess a few that i didnt get to (time management was a great problem for me) but finding some of the patterns was easier than i had expected we'd get.

overall i think i did fairly av, but the beauty about umat (from what ive seen and heard) is that you can get away with having a poor section as it is all comparative to the rest of the applicants. fingers crossed anyway!

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
lol that would've been so distracting for me, luckily i was in section D all the way up front like right in front of the entrance, kind of awkward with all the people staring at you when they walk in though o_o

AHEM WAT????

you guys were all staring at US!!!!!!!!
surprisingly it was REALLY offputting lol...i was just like "WHHAAAAAAT...have i dun something wrong or something???" =P

but ye so u were section D aye?
guess im ur section's big brother lol =P

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
Section 1 was easier this time than usual (at least easier than medentry)
How come section 1 is catching section 2 up?! lol

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
Section 1 was easier this time than usual (at least easier than medentry)
How come section 1 is catching section 2 up?! lol
well of my frens that said they struggled in section 1 the majority said that it was cos they had to read too much..and so consequently were short on time

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
well of my frens that said they struggled in section 1 the majority said that it was cos they had to read too much..and so consequently were short on time
But section 2 had much more reading!
I finished section 1 in time but I couldn't even attempt 7 questions in section 2 coz it was both more difficult and long!

Dosu

HSC
N/A
i hope it is really easy when i do it :D
actually i was a bit annoyed that it was so easy this year. everyone else found it easy and therefore small mistakes will cost you heaps in terms of percentile :x

that being said, you don't want it absurdly hard so that everyone is resorted to guessing and hence luck. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)