Poll: How difficult do you find legal studies? (1 Viewer)

In general, how difficult are you finding legal studies so far?

• It's easy- I'm blitzing it

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • I'm finding it pretty interesting and am doing relatively well

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • Meh... I don't care... I do average...

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Some parts are okay, but It's a difficult subject

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • It's too hard and boring- I hate it!

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Ok, i know im only in year 11, and its not the same, but i am really enjoying legal, yeah sure some of its hard but once it gets through your head u can ally it to anything lol.
Highest ranking got to love it.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I personally (i know others don't) find legal relatively straightforward and I don't find any of the concepts difficult, its just the essays require you to put a lot of effort into legislation media and cases etc

speed_bump

invalid
yer i rekon legal studies is fully easy, and i rekon its the most interesting subject (that i do anyway)

:torch: :uhoh: :sniper:

Last edited:

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Yeah.. It's pretty easy.. I mean, in comparrison to other subjects, it's straight forward. All you gotta do is remember what you learnt ;)

lizzy1004

HSC
legal is very easy...kkk white rabbit i so i agree wid u... i like it how we can work ahead... coz theres no explantations needed... but there is so much content~!

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
not difficult compared to economics... no difficult concepts to learn

BUT..... so MUCH to remember and so many damn cases ....

they expect you to write 4 pages in 45mins... phew, i can only avg 3 pages, (not viewed task)... if viewed 5 pages, and theres others writing 10 or wateva but have you seen their writing is this BIG

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
and QUALITY matters with essay's not quantity , if you think LEGAL'S easy that means you need to get above 80's as a minimum

if you dont, then you CANT consider it easy simple as that

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
whilst quality is important, markers are inevitable impressed by 8+ pages on a topic, so I guess you've gotta find a happy medium.

And I think most people here will be 80+ no worries.

I hate school

Legal is piss easy. If I bothered to do anymore than a half assed attempt i would have got 90s in the trial, but i did the morning of the exam routine (exam started at 2pm) and ended up with 85%. Unfortunately, my study time was occupied for a week learning maths only to get 48%

KarmaKitten

HSC
its straightforward, as long as you go through your material, stay involved in cases etc, its good.
i like it a lot, its my best subject

beemo

Anyone else find the layout of the couse stoopid?

For example, the open-ended and general nature of option topic essay questions. I know the detail and layout of 2 lease essays, one for effectivenes one for change/law reform. I plan to use these in the HSC cause instead of actually learning the syllabus, as I can improve my marks by focusing on one issue/mechanism and manipulate my preplanned essays to fit into such a general question. I know little of private housing, yet have recieved 23/25 for my trial shelter essay. While i do not think this is the best way to approach legal studies, it is the way to get the best results. I know im not the only student doin this, and i think the course needs to be restructured to close this shortcut. Just dont ask me how.

Example two. The requirement for cases/media articles encourages students to cheat, as im told these references are not checked. I know of students who have bulked their essays up with manufactured cases and media references, which have gone undetected by my legal teachers. Is this just my school? We are taught to back each point with legislation, a case or media article, however marks are being rewarded for lies, and i feel cheated.

Am i just stoopid? or are these real issues?

Last edited:

margieb

i fully cant write more than 4 pages in the allocated time peirod! grrrrr how can i speed up?? i guess just practise? i got 18 out of 25 for both my essays and they were 3 pages each...hmmm

kelv

um.. it's fairly easy actually.. like they all commonsense.. you kill someone, you get prosecuted, and you get locked up.... pretty straight forward.. the only thing that annoys me are the legislation names, date and jurisdiction...ya.. also the cases...

adamj

I would view the Standards Package, it contains some good examples of good answers.

kokeshi

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by beemo
Anyone else find the layout of the couse stoopid?

Example two. The requirement for cases/media articles encourages students to cheat, as im told these references are not checked. I know of students who have bulked their essays up with manufactured cases and media references, which have gone undetected by my legal teachers. Is this just my school? We are taught to back each point with legislation, a case or media article, however marks are being rewarded for lies, and i feel cheated.

Am i just stoopid? or are these real issues?
A marker for Legal Studies mentioned how a boy must've invented a law case in his essay, seeing as though no one else knew anything of it. I don't know exactly how he was marked for it but it was clear that he didn't attain a favourable outcome.

Yeah the essay questions are quite general. I guess you could do that with English too. Have a general essay and mainpulate it to suit the context.

meh

has anyone looked at the exemplar essays and thought: these are so sh*t?!!! Seems as tho you just have to know the basics to get band 5-6! I was pleasantly surprised to say the least...any thoughts on this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)