Votes: 1 2.8%
  • less than 2.50

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

piitb

HSC
these are all based on GPA's out of 7

if your uni makes marks out of 4,

to convert to 7, then take your gpa divide by 4 and multiply it by 7.

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

piitb said:
if your uni makes marks out of 4,

to convert to 7, then take your gpa divide by 4 and multiply it by 7.
I'm not a mathematician, but that doesn't work.

Simply dividing by 4 and multiplying by 7 screws it up, as GPAs /4 count Ds and HDs the same; whereas GPAs /7 count Ds as 6 and HDs out of 7. There's no simply way to turn a /4 GPA into an /7 one - you just have to recalculate it with all of your marks.

Eg: If I converted my current final Macquarie GPA (4/4) using your method, I'd have a GPA of 7/7. But I have a few Ds, so it should be something like 6.75/7.

Last edited by a moderator:

piitb

HSC
for the purpose of this poll its good enough, you have a 0.5 range, so it wont change much for most people, especially if youve dont over a years worth of study as it all even out no matter if you have gpa out of 4 or 7.

Last edited:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
P = 4
PC = 3
F = 0

P isn't 3 cause that's less than 50% when out of 7.

piitb

HSC
PwarYuex said:

Simply dividing by 4 and multiplying by 7 screws it up, as GPAs /4 count Ds and HDs the same; whereas GPAs /7 count Ds as 6 and HDs out of 7. There's no simply way to turn a /4 GPA into an /7 one - you just have to recalculate it with all of your marks.

Eg: If I converted my current final Macquarie GPA (4/4) using your method, I'd have a GPA of 7/7. But I have a few Ds, so it should be something like 6.75/7.
theres always one negative person in the class, and yeah your not a mathematician so you know jack shit. jerk off

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

piitb said:
theres always one negative person in the class,
rofl. There's no point in having exact response options and not have exact data.

and yeah your not a mathematician so you know jack shit. jerk off
olol and yet I realised that GPA /4 != GPA /7. You must be a real genius. :)

Maybe it would have been better to just ask what people's average was in bands, ie Distinction, Credit or whatever.

Alternatively, you could have just bumped one of the hundred fucking threads already about this topic, rather than making a new one. :)

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
PwarYuex said:

GPAs /4 count Ds and HDs the same;
Not at UTS they aren't, lol.

:/

EDIT: Your posts have gotten so much cooler ever since you got unmodded.

piitb

HSC
PwarYuex said:
rofl. There's no point in having exact response options and not have exact data.
oh yeah BOS survey is going to be used in the governments senate enquiry into education and has taken over from the Australian Bureau of Statistics haha. moron

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
he's kinda right. who cares.

put it over 4 and multiply it by 7 unless you want to waste time converting it for a super-awesome poll

X

xeuyrawp

Azamakumar said:
Not at UTS they aren't, lol.
Yeah, cbfed saying "Macquarie GPA out of 4" every time. *shrug*

A lot of the GPAs differ, that's why everyone needs to recalculate it unless you're using the normal system.

piitb said:
oh yeah BOS survey is going to be used in the governments senate enquiry into education and has taken over from the Australian Bureau of Statistics haha. moron
Oh it's not?!!!??!?1/ I thought this thread was going to form the basis of the new funding towards universities!!!!111onelol/

jb_nc said:

put it over 4 and multiply it by 7 unless you want to waste time converting it for a super-awesome poll
Dude there are so many threads on this already... There's no point adding a crappier one.

Lol I don't care if you fill it out, it's just funny having .5 jumps while at the same time being inaccurate for people who use other systems.

Last edited by a moderator:

piitb

HSC
jb_nc said:

i think PwarYuex is having an attack of "i lost my mod rights and now i am being a nobhead" :lol:

X

xeuyrawp

piitb said:
i think PwarYuex is having an attack of "i lost my mod rights and now i am being a nobhead" :lol:
Yeah I wish I could find my mod rights. Have you seen them. :-/

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
It doesn't work because anyone with a GPA less than 2.28 out of four would have a fail GPA out of 7.

X

xeuyrawp

Templar said:
It doesn't work because anyone with a GPA less than 2.28 out of four would have a fail GPA out of 7.
Oh yeah, I forgot about the other end of the scale. Like I said, the method's shit. :)

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
im at a credit average now roughly 70.3.. so is that a 5 gpa?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)