Poll: Would you drop english if you could? (1 Viewer)

Would you drop english if it wasn't compulsory?

• Yes!

Votes: 51 71.8%
  • No!

Votes: 20 28.2%

• Total voters

smallcattle

HSC
i would not drop it, i just wish its not compulsory.. i dont hate english that much, but its the fact that it has to be counted towards UAI which is really pissin me off and givin me pressure

G

Gavvvvvin

No because its a bludge . . . well the class work was . . . the exams wont be :p

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
Yes, because it's a worthless subject. Well for me anyway so don't badger me with "But for people who want to be journalists" etc. etc.

Line|z0r

yay! the yes votes are in front!

it's not so much the learning about books/philosophy etc that I hate it's the way we are tested. The criteria is just too unreasonable imho. You don't really know what they are looking for... eg, my english teacher: "I don't want you guys to just write about all the things I've taught you... I want you to bring me something fresh and new that I haven't thought of. If not, you will all score under 50%. "

I don't know if I've expressed it clearly, but it's as if we are doing all these essays to reassure the board of studies that we have learnt what they have taught us and also come up with some new brilliant aspect to the course they didn't think of.

bah, rambling when i should be studying *disconnects from net*

SarahMary

*Procrastination Central*
HSC
i'd drop it. in fact i probably wouldn't have picked it in the first place

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I have two regrets from school, one is that I didn't do biology, and the other is that I only did Advanced English (I probably should have done 3u)

mack

Banned
HSC
Im not sure whether i would drop it......English marking to me seems like a sphere of chaos. Identical responses can get competely different marks from different teachers.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
before i would, but now i'm not too sure. my improvements in english has given alot of confidence, and i guess i was lacking confidence then when i said i hated it. though i wouldnt suprised if english wasnt compulsory, 80% of the english teachers would be on the dole :)

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
If I couldn't find other classes I would rather do then I wouldn't drop English. But if there was something that I preffered more than English would be dropped in a flash!

Plebeian

At the start of the year, I would have said yes, but I have a really good teacher so not any more. I agree with English being compulsory anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)