Polyphasic sleepers? (1 Viewer)

gohsf

HSC
I'm naturally a sort of polyphasic sleeper, although I have insomnia so that doesn't exactly help. I go to school, so the 8 hours I use for school and travel, I basically stay awake, with one hour's sleep on either of it from 5 til 6 and 4.30 - 5.30, then I sleep another two hours at around 9-10pm til about midnight-1 or 2am depending on whether I can sleep that night. I find school incredibly hard because by around 2.30, I begin to get quite tired and rather unfocused. I'm not sure what other people are like when they're tired, but I cannot focus and it is rather detrimental to my studies due to this. I have, on occasion, taken sleeping tablets and gotten full night's sleep and I find that I am much more focused and awake during the day.

I'm in Year 11 and I highly advise against polyphasic sleeping patterns. You should really just get a nice 8 hour sleep and get all your energy levels up to work throughout the day, then sleep when you're tired at night. What you tend to find with polyphasic sleeping is the lack of energy and the general lack in desire to work more. I find small sleeps don't do much to gain back energy and you tend to be rather lethargic after you awaken. It's not the most advisable of things; I'm certainly against it.

People's bodies respond in different ways, I guess, and whether your body can handle it is something you should have to find out, however, I don't suggest doing so during the school term; it'd be more advisable to trial it during a holiday when you have time to adjust and choose whether you're working better polyphasically or monophasically or any other sleeping pattern. It's your choice!

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
lol i just naturally follow everyman sleep pattern

so the guy asleep in the mandarin centre from 4-5 IS ME!!!!!!

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
polyphasic sleepers ..?
why do people want more hours of their days?
Just sleep normally :)

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
I didn't know any of this terminology (polyphaisic, monophaisic), but I've got friends who sleep wierdly. One of my 08er friends slept from 6:00pm till 5:00am. He did 2.5 hours of work from 5 to 7:30, and that's it. All of his HSC exams were in the morning, and since that's his best time, he did quite well (mid-high 90s - he wouldn't specify).

Me, I just like normal sleep. I get 7-7.5 hours of sleep from 11ish to 6ish. This isn't for the sake of study, as I restrict my study to 3 hours a school day MAX.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)