Pompeii daily life assign HELP!!!! (1 Viewer)

LUAP

HSC
I have an powerpiont presentaion assignment where i have to be a following person in the Roman Society. Ive choosen to be a breadmaker but i cant find any info or primary sources on the internet help?????

Ryuk

HSC
I'm also doing this assignment, it's due tomorrow and I can't find much info on the net. I have to do a 3-5 speech, along with a Powerpoint presentation of sources and a handout.

I think I'm screwed :)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
There would probably be a lot of info on the garum industry, maybe do someone who works in that industry. I know it sounds like a joke, but the prostitution industry is pretty interesting as well, a guy got good marks for it in my class last year.

trekkie

HSC
Go to your txt books, they have plenty of information on this sort of stuff either under industries, economy or daily life. The best will probably be "Pompeii and Herc..." by Brian Brennan and Estelle Lazer or "Cities of Vesuvius: Pompeii and Herculaneum " by Pamela Bradley. Also make sure you consult the primary evidence for your industry, this will give you a deeper insight into your profession which should equal a better response...the easiest place for that will be "As the Romans Did: A Sourcebook in Roman Social History" by Joann Shelton or "Pompeii: A Sourcebook" by M.G.L. Cooley. If your after some websites that will help you could try http://lrr.dlr.det.nsw.edu.au/Web/pompeii/economy/3643_00.htm (You might need a DET password to access this).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)