Pompeii & Herculaneum (1 Viewer)

Trent.A

HSC
Hey all

I have an essay due on the main features of the economy of Pompeii and Herculaneum due tomorrow, i have about half of it done.

Problem is im getting all my information mainly from my text book as i cant find ANY websites with information related to what i need.

I have written on the wine and oil industry, bakeries, fulleries and the garum industry but i cant seem to find anything about prostitution, bars and inns and the markets.

Anyone know of any sites that can help me out?

Thanks in advance.

M3E3L3

HSC
hey ino ur essay would be handed in by now but if you look at the postiontioning of sum of the shops and how many there was u can see how important economy and leisure realy is

atreus

HSC
hey, just for future reference, from what i remember, there were no known brothels found in herculaneum and they had not yet found the forum (if there ever was one) in herculaneum.

xkael

HSC
Is there not a modern city which is located on top of the Herculaneum forum now?
I read that somewhere in my text book.

Trent.A, how did your essay go?

Evergreenx

HSC
hey i just finished a research assignment on housing in pompeii n herculaneum n found heaps of stuff on bars n prostitution etc. Its a bit harder to find online but if u can, go to your school or local library n they should have text books on the cities with plenty of info on it.

*tAyAxOx*

HSC
Hey does anyone know the methods and things archaeologists used to investigate Pompeii and Herculaneum ?? :confused:

HSC
Evergreenx said:
hey i just finished a research assignment on housing in pompeii n herculaneum n found heaps of stuff on bars n prostitution etc. Its a bit harder to find online but if u can, go to your school or local library n they should have text books on the cities with plenty of info on it.
textbooks are good 4 info but just be careful because often the info is wrong, you're better off reading Brennan & Lazer, Zanker and Bradley.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)