poor undergrad marks.. (1 Viewer)

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yep. I got offered a fully funded Cambridge International Scholarship to do a PhD over there. So I dropped my UNSW PhD and got a MSc out of it instead, so that was pretty good.
Congrats. When do you start?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Thanks. I'm starting on the 14th October. Busy packing up!!!

freq707

HSC
So this is kinda unrelated, but still related - coz its about undergrad marks and the GPA

so im finishing up 2nd year, and only did 3 subjects a semester for 2 semesters hence have to go to summer school at the end of this year...
when working out my GPA though, do these subjects count toward my GPA for 2nd or 3yr?

HSC
good question frq707, i would like to know if anyone can calrify this but from what i've read you have to calculate the 'full time equivilant'

so if you're units of credit for one full time year is 48 like it is at unsw, then your 'first year' is the first 48uoc and your 'second year' is the next 48 uoc

ninjapuppet

HSC
N/A
pretty much my entire family is discouraging medicine saying i should do law lol :| doesnt help in the decision making, although i should do what I want I do respect the wisdom of those older than me.
Casmira, if you wonder about law, have you looked into the Lpab? it gives you a good chance to dip your toes into law and see what its all about for very low cost to time and money. you can do it over the summer break with your summer courses since classes are at night.
Student-at-Law - Legal Profession Admission Bd : Lawlink NSW

next intake starts in November (register before 30 october). I tried the first 2 subjects, and found it interesting enough to finish the whole thing. if you are hardcore enough, you may be a solicitor in 2.5 years. exams are in march, just when med sci starts......then you can compare directly law to med sci after semester 1 next year.

ninjapuppet

HSC
N/A
mate, keep in mind you can work in finance, whilst studying law....but ...

working in finance whilst studying medicine will be near impossible!

ninjapuppet

HSC
N/A
LPAB is a joke. No good firm will take you seriously.
even if you think its a joke, anyone who has done its first 2 subjects, will always know more about the law than a commerce student speculating from family member's 2nd hand information like casmira.

so anyone at crossroads with law considered as an possible option can still try it. IF they like it, they can enrol at into an LLB now and go ahead with it next year....
or if not, give it the flick when uac offers are made in feb and do med sci instead.

but like i said, its just a really "low cost & little effort" way, to get a legal qualification. its not intended to get you into a top tier but you can always become a barrister or work for yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)