Poorly written paper... (1 Viewer)

J

juzza

Check out the SMH article toady if you haven't... Everyone is very upset about this paper. I mean, not only did it test yr. 11 stuff, not on the HSC syllabus, but it was all Employment relations... and employment relations [with a little global thrown in].

Basically, Q29 was about EXACTLY the same stuff that some of the short response questions were about!!?? What were they thinking?

"WOW! Hey! Lets test em on the EXACT same thing TWICE.... in the ONE exam!!!"

Very poor guys. very poor indeed

bex

HSC
The paper did test a lot of employment relations and probably should have spread the content a little more but just as a lot of people found the exam hard, a lot found it faily easy. So obviously it wasnt that bad if a rather large proportion of people could do the paper... and anyway, the HSC is a course designed to go over 2yrs with yr 12 an extension of yr 11 so if anything, the exam was easier because it tested basic skills of business studies.

J

juzza

agreed..

Yes, very true. I do agree, and I can't complain because I think I did okay, but it certainly could have been fairer. Yr.11 content may certainly be simpler too, but it doesn't help when you decide to follow guidelines and not study it :p

But anyway, I just hope everyone gets the marks they deserve and are not left feeling cheated because of the paper.

ben

yes it was poorly written - because it tested the same thing over and over!

but why is everyone saying it tested y11 stuff??

Crazy

Yeah im all with Ben, the paper was pretty pathetic itself....but what was the year 11 content we were tested on??
hmm cant say i noticed it myself

Sourie

Originally posted by juzza
Check out the SMH article toady if you haven't... Everyone is very upset about this paper. I mean, not only did it test yr. 11 stuff, not on the HSC syllabus, but it was all Employment relations... and employment relations [with a little global thrown in].

Basically, Q29 was about EXACTLY the same stuff that some of the short response questions were about!!?? What were they thinking?

"WOW! Hey! Lets test em on the EXACT same thing TWICE.... in the ONE exam!!!"

Very poor guys. very poor indeed
may i just say that who are you to judge the paper......i found it simple..you just had to know what to do.

Very poor face mate. very poor indeed

J

juzza

Re: Re: Poorly written paper...

Originally posted by Sourie

may i just say that who are you to judge the paper......i found it simple..you just had to know what to do.

Very poor face mate. very poor indeed

I am most overjoyed that you liked the paper. But who said the paper being simple had anything to do with it? If you must know, I am a top level student that certainly knew what to do... and was just surpirsed at the repetitive nature of the exam.

Try and have a bit of compassion also for those others out there who didn't find the paper quite as 'simple' as you and don't just look for an opportunity to boast. May I suggest that if you found the questions so 'simple' you may indeed have missed the true complexity of the issues they encapsulated? Also... understand that everyone has their own opinion.

Poor form my friend. Poor form. Stop wasting your time and go study Maths or something. I am :D

Good luck everyone!! [You too Sourie!]

ben

haha!

Yeah - it's always the people who did badly that come of the exam saying how "simple and great" it was.

astro boy

HSC
yeh people allways come out of exams saying how well they did but the only reason why they think they did so well is cos they dont know how wrong theyre answers were!
oh and sourie dude next time u post a message just put a box saying "insert random bragging" to save yourslef the trouble of typing how quick u finished :p

garpy

Well i dont think it was soo bad. Sure they tested a lot of employment relations, but it would make it easier if u knew about employment relations cause u would have already done it and be repeating ur self. Its understnadable this reliance on employment relations, after all any business bomb would know that employees are a business most valuable asset not to mention the single largest expense.

It wasnt that bad, i gave it my best shot and got on with the job. i liked the exam actually, made me feel good after struggling a bit in Advanced english.

bex

HSC
Business studies is about text book regurgitation and syllabus point dropped... and i dont think that i did either of those very well at all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)