Portfolio (1 Viewer)

chrisdeth

HSC
:]

I'm stuck on starting my yr 12 HSC portfolio..
Would anyone be able to help me ?
maybe a portfolio template or example would be awesome.

Regards,
Chris

niteshade1312

HSC
Firstly there is no templete for a portfolio because each portfolio is different. As long as you set out things in the neatest and clearest ways, the markers will then be able to give you marks.

What are you actually having problems with, is it the layout or the actual information?

Plus out of curiosity, how come you haven't started yet?

chrisdeth

HSC
ah ok thanks, but is there pacific headings i need to use or not?

i havent started yet because I've had trouble with my idea changed it a couple of times really doing my head in at the moment. Basically our whole class hasnt started.

Thanks for the reply,
Chris

szdg

Platinum Member
HSC
Yeh.. there are specific headings u need to use for ur MDP (Major design project), more specificly there are 4 parts, Proposal, Management, Development & Realization and Evaluation..

Project Proposal (which uh.. should have been done already.. lolz)
- Identification and Exploration of the Need
- Area of Investigation
- Criteria to Evaluate Success

Management
- Action Plan (Proposed and Acutal)
- Time Plan (Proposed and Actual)
- Budget Plan (Proposed and Actual)
- Selectrion and Use of Ideas and Resources

Development and Realisation (The major part)
= Evidence of Creativity and Innovation
= Consideration of Design Factors
= Documentation of Research
= Evidence of Testing Design Solutions
= Application of Conclusion
= Use of Communication and Presentation Techniques
= Evidence of Practical Skills
= Insutrial / Commercial Practices

Evaluation
- Record of Evaluation Procedures
- Application of Evaluation
- Analysis and Evaluation of Aesthetics and Functional Properties
- Final Evaluation
- Relational of the MDP to the Project Proposal

i did my HSC like in 2003, but yet still i doubt these has changed since. But i believe that to get decent marks, u HAVE to take all these sections into ur MDP portfolio (i just took them straight from my portfolio), they are the standard headings. You could also add in other headings, but make sure u justify them.

It is not hard writing the portfolio, is just takes time. But seriously, dun make it the last minute thing. Coz i did it, and man.. i didnt sleep for a whole week, just to get the 400pages finished... tho glad it was over

i strongly suggest u get the Excel Design Tech textbook if u have no textbook for DT in ur school. It got great explaination and all other stuff u need for the HSC.

Also if u are looking for the length for ur Portfolio.. i think (depends on what u are doing for MDP).. 100 A4 Pages is bare minimum for a huge project like this.. I think when i did it the average for the year was round about 270's pages.

If u still dun get, drop a line, but otherwise
good luck

Victor

chrisdeth

HSC
Thanks man reply most apreciated.

Woah 400pgs haha i cant imagine how im gonna fill that much. I'm designing T-Shirts. How do you fill up that much??

Thanks for the book advice this weekend ill go get one, im assuming you can get them from newsagents??

Regards,
Chris

niteshade1312

HSC
Don't forget it's not about length, but how come you havent been guided by your teachers?

If you go to the board of studies website you should be able to find a marking scheme and it will tell you everything that should be included!

szdg

Platinum Member
HSC
yeh.. try the bookstore rather than the newagency.. like dymocks and boarders those kinda place are bound to have some. And in ur case in doing T shirts.. i think in boarders there are heaps of design book that could help u with the designs of ur t-shirts.. and just reminding.. i will give u to full title and author of the book:

Excel HSC & Preliminary Design and Technology
By Suzanne Strazzari & Deborah Trevallion

Good luck again
if u want further help.. just drop a line
or if u want to peek @ my HSC portfolio is also fine too.. (that is if i find it)

Victor

szdg

Platinum Member
HSC
Oh yeh and about the length thing.. i was just giving as a guide... coz i mean come on.. no one can really Decently describe what a major project is in less than 100 pages....

Victor

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
There is a guide at the top of this forum which gives you a general framework for your portfolio.

And szdg is right, use the specific headings because the markers are going to mark according to their sheet. If you notice, those headings are exactly what the marking sheet uses, so considering they only mark your project for a max 20mins, it is easier for them to see the "keypoints". Use the resources people have suggested and you should have no problem.

Last edited:

chrisdeth

HSC
szdg said:
yeh.. try the bookstore rather than the newagency.. like dymocks and boarders those kinda place are bound to have some. And in ur case in doing T shirts.. i think in boarders there are heaps of design book that could help u with the designs of ur t-shirts.. and just reminding.. i will give u to full title and author of the book:

Excel HSC & Preliminary Design and Technology
By Suzanne Strazzari & Deborah Trevallion

Good luck again
if u want further help.. just drop a line
or if u want to peek @ my HSC portfolio is also fine too.. (that is if i find it)

Victor
Do you think I could have a look at it please?

Going to get books tommorow :)

Chris

chrisdeth

HSC
Thanks heaps dude but when i click the link this message shows.

"We're sorry, but this page is currently unavailable for viewing.
If this site belongs to you, please read this help page for more information and assistance.

For general questions see our main help area, or search for other member pages."

Chris

szdg

Platinum Member
HSC
Is probably my bandwith is used up in that hour.. im using the free geocities and their bandwith isnt tat great. Make sure u click on the link not copy and paste the link, coz if u copy and paste.. it wont work.. I just checked this morning and it seems to work.. so just maybe try again later

Victor

szdg

Platinum Member
HSC
In that case i probably just mail it to ur email then.. but u hav to leave it down here.. cheers Vic
ps. hav u also try right click on the link and "Save Target As..."

Last edited:

chrisdeth

HSC
Thanks man i got it, i just save target as and it worked.
The help is much appreciated.

slinky_cumquat

Geriatric
HSC
Also dude, your teacher should outline what he/she wants out of you also. as you have to fulfill all your internal assessments at school as well as meeting the ones outside school

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)