Position at domayne harvey norman and other big department stores (1 Viewer)

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
i just had an job interview early this morining for Domayne in the IT section of the store and i was hesitated to ask these ques because i was scared if it put the interviewer off and if any one know it ll be apreciated.
Whats the pay like also she said on top of my normal award wage i get commission on every sale i make and how much would a commision be worth?
Also if any one else have being workin in my postion wats it like are they demanding on u tell sell products or are they expected of u to just show the customer around and describe the products there?

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
th said:
i just had an job interview early this morining for Domayne in the IT section of the store and i was hesitated to ask these ques because i was scared if it put the interviewer off and if any one know it ll be apreciated.
Whats the pay like also she said on top of my normal award wage i get commission on every sale i make and how much would a commision be worth?
Also if any one else have being workin in my postion wats it like are they demanding on u tell sell products or are they expected of u to just show the customer around and describe the products there?
In the end, they're there to make money; the only way they make money is by selling. At the same time, they've gotta pay you, and the only reason they pay you is becuase it's economically rational to do so -- employing you brings in more money than it costs to pay you: Generally, you are expected to sell.

Commission?
What type of position is it? I'm a casual at Dick Smith (but not for much longer!) and even WE'RE expected to sell. In our contract it's stated that that's a performance criteria: they can fire us if we fail in that domian. We, as casuals, don't get commission. The full time/part timers get between 1-2% comms, depending on their sales levels (if they sell more, they get higher commissions)

Showing them the product?
You can't sell if you don't show them the product, or (Seem to) know what you're talking about: product knowledge is key, and it's only something oyu can build up over time, or through heavy research. In the end, if a customer comes into an electronics store, they've got something in mind: some just come in to browse, but most (60% or so, at least, in my experience) have something specific in mind. At DSE, as a casual, it's not 'sales', but 'retail'; there's very little pressure on the customer, but only becuase I'm casual. If I were on commission I might get a bit pushier and aggressive with it.

Retail/Sales is all about problems:
As said, most of them come in with a specific product they want, or a problem they have. In the end the customer holds the cards; you've only got control over their impression of the product: Your role as a salesperson is to find a solution to that problem that they see as worth the price they have to pay... so, you emphasise their problem, minimise the costs of the product, and maximise the benefits of the product.

...just my 0.00219cents (2 cents/2.5 years of experience... Edit: sounds like how we sell warranties -- just $0.20/day for the next 5 years... )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)