Possibility of an increase of the weighting of the External HSC? (1 Viewer)

O01x

HSC
Trials are being cancelled across schools and replaced with these "alternative tasks" or just given estimated marks. Which is totally unfair because some people perform in exams rather than assignments. What's the possibility that they may increase the weighting of the external HSC. My teacher said there's probably no chance of that happening. What do you guys think? Considering it's NESA I doubt it but just for discussion idk

zizi2003_

HSC
Trials are being cancelled across schools and replaced with these "alternative tasks" or just given estimated marks. Which is totally unfair because some people perform in exams rather than assignments. What's the possibility that they may increase the weighting of the external HSC. My teacher said there's probably no chance of that happening. What do you guys think? Considering it's NESA I doubt it but just for discussion idk
i really doubt that will ever happen
at this point im starting to doubt if the hsc will ever happen 😷

zizi2003_

HSC
guys random question,
can any hsc student refuse to get vaccinated next week?

zizi2003_

HSC
our school is not forcing students to get vaccinated
oooh
but isnt the whole purpose of this is so we can do our hsc exams in purpose? so then ppl who refuse to get vaccinated due to health issues lets say- would they be allowed to give the hsc? if not that'd be so inequitable

tito981

HSC
In Australia vaccines arent compulsory, so if u dont want to u dont have to. (this is for everyone in australia)

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
I don't believe that the government or a school can force any student to get vaccinated, nor do I think that they will try.

However, students who choose not to get vaccinated may still have consequences to accept. For example, when the HSC exams are held, non-vaccinated students may need to be kept separated from the rest in doing the exams (perhaps in a different location or further distanced). Perhaps the rulings on masks will differ.

No student will be prevented from taking HSC exams irregardless of vaccination status unless something really dramatic happens. However, any student who contracts COVID-19 risks being physically unable to take exams and potentially a long-term health problem. Vaccinations have very substantial protective effect against serious illness and hospitalisation, etc.

I strongly encourage everyone to take up the opportunity to be vaccinated and for those considering declining, to ask yourself whether your reasons and sound and wise. For example, I have a serious allergy to certain preservatives and I would not take a vaccination that contained one of them - it could be fatal for me. FYI, I have checked and neither of the present vaccinations are problematic in this regard for me. My point is that there are potentially solid reasons for not taking a vaccination, and that anyone considering not being vaccinated should reflect on their reasons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)