Possibility of begging for a place. (1 Viewer)

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
ok so I am a hsc student and I don't think I am going to get the marks I need to get into the course I want and I herad that some people absolutely beg and plead to recieve a place at uni and they are acccepted .... Is this a true statement? or is someone just making up stories?

cj_bridle

HSC
i think someone is telling lies there :)

it would be easier to try at school really hard and if u have any sort of misadventure (sickness, close deaths etc) fill in a form and see what happens.. i know a few people that received heaps of extra uai points for some stupid misadventure form... even for something that happened in yr11

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
At regional unis (like CSU Albury) I have heard that begging can help.... but the big city ones are pretty apathetic to all that.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Begging, someone is pulling your leg. Alot of people miss out, imagine if everyone begs. They would rather let in an international student who pays upfront than let someone who begs through.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
yuo can try to make a folder of yuor achivements and knowlwdge and ask for an interview with the uni , maybe they will do soemtihng after they speak to yuo

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
The only case I ever heard was a girl I knew who begged her way in to Speech Pathology at CSU Albury. She had heaps of work experience etc.... and it was Albury.

At UTS, they probably won't care.

T

timbk2

if you have heaps of extra-curricular activities or work experience, you might be able to qualify as a non-school leaver based on other qualifications and not the HSC. But u'd have to provide a pretty damn good argument.

Some courses allow non-school leavers, some dont take non-school leavers at all, do some research about the course you want to get into.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
LeftrightOut said:
Are you rich or famous?
Are your parents rich or famous?

The answer to these two questions will be the answer to your question whether begging will work or not.
rich and famous, hum neva thought about that...

but i know rich cant get ur way in, if you marks are bad enuf not to get in anything.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
VonDavis said:
I herad that some people absolutely beg and plead to recieve a place at uni and they are acccepted .... Is this a true statement? or is someone just making up stories?
that is usually called a 'personal statement'... some unis demand a personal statement to judge your admissibility... and if you can show that you bloody want to get into the course, will slit your wrists and blow yourself up just to get in, then yeah, you might. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)