possible 2005 HSC economic extended response (1 Viewer)

rsingh

HSC
Me too!
rasingh88@hotmail.com

btw, if they were 2 ask a microeconomics question, what could they ask?
something like how ME policies promote structural change or something?
Any ideaS?

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
lol u guys do realise that those notes are out of the scope of HSC...

Demandred

HSC
Hey guys, before I do anything (actually I already gave a few copies of those), I'd like to say that this work is a part of the law foundation unit. It examines the negative social/ethical effects of globalisation and suggests some solution for it.

If you still want it, pm me.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
rsingh said:
btw, if they were 2 ask a microeconomics question, what could they ask?
something like how ME policies promote structural change or something?
Any ideaS?

Well yeah, if there were to ask it i would doubt the question would specifically say "microeconomic policies" Maybe something like "Explain how the government can improve effiency to achieve sustained economic growth" Something like that....

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
For Section III, something on income distribution and the environment. I don't think they've asked about those areas yet.
For Section IV, I predict and normal globalisation one and one about microeconomic reform or economic policies in general and how it deals with external stability, unemployment, inflation etc.

azza_3761

HSC
Demandred said:
Hey guys, before I do anything (actually I already gave a few copies of those), I'd like to say that this work is a part of the law foundation unit. It examines the negative social/ethical effects of globalisation and suggests some solution for it.

If you still want it, pm me.
Could u send me those notes, azza_3761@hotmail.com
Thanx in advance

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
zahid said:
i suggest u open ur leading edge and memorise ur brazil or poland case study.....economic development and golbalisation is major...thats what the advice line dude said....apprantly they are changing the syllabus next yr.
why the hell do i need a case study, I'll just us the Australian economy, there is always that alternative.

mattchan

HSC
Btw If they do ask about impact of globalisation on Australia, What are some of the key points to write?

cimbom

HSC
i think out of the four options it will be on...
specific macroeconomic policy- either fiscal or monetary.
definitely, definitely microeconomic reform. 'workchoices' and all those changes...
globalisation and free trade agreements... and i think environmental management, ecologically sustainable development stuff. i really don't think they'll have the case study- effect of globalisation on an economy other than australia, question again- they had it in 2003 and 2004. can they ask it again? i don't know, i'm only really sure about a question on microeconomic reform. :) .

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
yeh i doubt they will have the globalisation case study in it..

there was some outcry and debate over it in bos teacher conferences at the start of the year. The BOS changed the syllabus to say we SHOULD learn a case study, to MUST. But that is only in effect from the 2006 hsc. So to avoid further confusion on that they probally wont. (As many teachers took the word "should" to mean it was optional)

Mandy101

HSC
motlai said:
i doubt labour market reform...it is an issue at the moment, but the HSC was set back in March when it wasn't really in the news (except the odd thing about skills shortages and the NAIRU)
Actually, they would have known that Howard would have control of the Senate in July, and he had been trying to push through his Industrial Relations reforms for some time... so I think they will test it, unfortunately... micro is my weak point.

cimbom

HSC
AND they didn't ask about microeco reform last year (did they?).

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
so what areas could they include
- macro
- micro
- unemployment
- inflation
- exchange rates
- protection

then theres globalisation and a case study (i hope not!!)

what else is possible?

Last edited:

cimbom

HSC
im an idiot said:
so what areas could they include
- macro
- micro
- unemployment
- inflation
- exchange rates
- protection

then theres globalisation and a case study (i hope not!!)

what else is possible?
... ecologically sustainable development- environmental management. I think. Study that- so Kyoto Protocol, CO2 emissions- how affects future productive capacity etc. Remember ext. response in sectIII and IV is from topic3 and 4.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Its most likely going to be Reforms of some type, because keep in mind, the eco exam that we're doing a week later was actually created in February / March, and if you think logically, that's the only issue that was happening during that time.

Though recently, Globalisation has started to get moving, with America taking action with its lowering of tariffs,etc if Europe condones it.

So my prediction:

Reform i.e. Labour market??

Globalisation --> impacts on specific areas i.e. Inflation etc

Haku

seems like its gonna be on micro for sure and maybe trend towards the labor market. But it think it is also likely to be something on inflation, due to the government industrial relations changes, also the raising oil prices.

Though for environment is highly unlikely cause its such a narrow field, and beside australia didn;t sign the kyoto protocol. Though one on income and distribution is likely. Has income and distribution occured in the past HSCs?

anyone got a good labor market essay? please post it up.

for Section4, is globalisation essay always a choice? and what are other equestions thats appeared in section4?

vaniLLa_554

HSC
nosadness said:
seems like its gonna be on micro for sure and maybe trend towards the labor market. But it think it is also likely to be something on inflation, due to the government industrial relations changes, also the raising oil prices.

Though for environment is highly unlikely cause its such a narrow field, and beside australia didn;t sign the kyoto protocol. Though one on income and distribution is likely. Has income and distribution occured in the past HSCs?

anyone got a good labor market essay? please post it up.

for Section4, is globalisation essay always a choice? and what are other equestions thats appeared in section4?

i agree that the environment issue is too narrow... and we havent learnt about policies that can deal with environmental issues in depth anyway...

what about australia's trade policies/agreements for the extended response? cause hasn't australia recently been more active, taking part in bilateral trade agreements (i think!)? or is this topic too narrow?

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Hmm, Australia's trade policy will most likely be in one of the Globalisation questions, though it won't be asked alone, it'll most likely incorporate all the usual things like World trade, etc as well, not just focusing on Australia, unless its the old analyse the impacts of globalisation on Australia.

Looks like we're all agreeing to Microeconomic Reform to be one...

Also, globalisation on an economy usually involves a choice with another globalisation-type of question.

Haku

i was only aware of the trade agreement with the USA which have not started yet. i think there were talks with china, what other talks about bilateral agreements are available?

cimbom

HSC
... I called the HSC advice line and spoke for a while about extended response questions. About the case study- under this year's syllabus, it "should" be studied, next year- it "must". Two years in a row... I don't know if they'll ask it this year or not. Even if they do, there'll still be that internal choice within the internal choice- if not the effects of globalisation, consequences on environment etc. in another economy, then australia- which they told me is basically everything in topic2. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to go over my Poland case study too much... I'm much more confident with answering a question about the specific Aust. eco within the context of...

For extended response- topic2, 3 and 4= though things like balance of payments in topic2 cross- over with external stability in topic3, likewise with free trade and protection with trade policy in topic4.

- Internal Stability- Ecogrowth, unemployment, inflation
- External Stability
- Microeco Policy, with labour market specific- i think they asked just about labour market in 2003, in the non- stimulus question, and most people answered the case study globalisation question. Other than that there was microeco policy in relation to structural change in 2002.
- Macroeco Policy, with fiscal+monetary specific
- Trade Stuff= policy, free trade agreements, protection, international imbalances developing economy/EU agricultural protection etc.
- Ecologically sustainable development (never ever asked before)
- Income and Wealth Distribution (never ever asked before)

--- for the last two issues in topic3, they told me on the advice line that they tend not to ask about them specifically in extended response stimulus (q25, 26) like they would for inflation and unemployment, because apparently teachers are less inept to teach it.

nosadness--- FTAs with US, Singapore, Thailand, and NZ currently, negotiating with ASEAN, China, UAE (or saudi arabia) and Malaysia (or already?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)