• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Possible case study short answers? (1 Viewer)

zb123

HSC
I know it will most likely be an essay question, but what short answers could they ask - besides the past papers one...Do you think they would ask environment? inequality? Or something like that for a 3 marker, or would that be too hard? I have a feeling it will be a hard short-answer..

MasonT

HSC
With short answers, they usually choose three topics (Exchange rates almost certain), so they can target anywhere at any topic. Last year they did environment and global economy so I doubt those topics will be short answers this year

RishBonjour

HSC
for case study, they basically tend to generalise because some people might do ireland or somethingso its usually, TNC/eco growth/development/Investment/policies/having said that, your case study should have negatives of globalisation too, under which env happens to be a big factor e.g. China + India. just know a few stats, should do it. if your are REALLLY lost (as a last resort - make up shiz on Chad/Uganda)

school4nerds

HSC
for case study, they basically tend to generalise because some people might do ireland or somethingso its usually, TNC/eco growth/development/Investment/policies/having said that, your case study should have negatives of globalisation too, under which env happens to be a big factor e.g. China + India. just know a few stats, should do it. if your are REALLLY lost (as a last resort - make up shiz on Chad/Uganda)
yeah i came across a question regarding the negative effects of globalisation. does anyone have any idea where to get info (stats for evidence etc) of negative effects of globalisation for china case study? my case study is pretty much just the positives

Blocy

HSC
N/A
For China, FDI inflows have been concentrated in Special Economic Zones, creating an increasing disparity between the incomes of rural vs SEZs. Globalisation has also increased TNCs who find China's low-cost/efficient labour attractive and you could say that they exploit them at sweatshops, theres also the increased pollution stemming from increased industralisation.

school4nerds

HSC
For China, FDI inflows have been concentrated in Special Economic Zones, creating an increasing disparity between the incomes of rural vs SEZs. Globalisation has also increased TNCs who find China's low-cost/efficient labour attractive and you could say that they exploit them at sweatshops, theres also the increased pollution stemming from increased industralisation.
thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)