possible questions for BNW/BR (1 Viewer)

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
sando said:
Just got my first assesment task for yr 12 english, it sux:

" A significant concern for humanity is its relationship with the natural world and nature's influence on human behaviour and human interaction. The quality and importance of humanity's relationship with the natural world, or its response to the absence of natural world can vary across different times and culture".

By the way it's 10% of our final mark

And due in 2 weeks. SHIT!!!

And i forgot to add that it is an in class assesment

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah, its a standard human/nature relationship question with context (i.e different times and culture).
Its quite a good question actually, its pretty open in its scope.
Your two presribed texts would come from different times and present the human/nature relationship in a way specific to its context.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Easy for you to say, you've already finished english assesment taks.

How much should i be trying to write in a 50 minute period?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Ideally, AT LEAST 4 normally ruled A4 pages in 50 minutes. (i.e about 1000 words)

but if you practice you can get that up to 5-6 pages.

HSC
in 50 minutes- about 1300 if u can pull it off would be great. i was able to do about 1220 in 40 minutes however my hand was killing so its advisable not to have all essays at that length, however since u are doing one essay 1300 shouldn't be too difficult.

philinebuendgen

HSC
what are the most important differences in how Brave New World and Blade Runner treat humanity's relationship with the natural world?

in Brave New World, the skies are blue adn almost everyone is happy. In Blade Runner, the skies are black and almost everyone is unhappy. yet it is the earlier text that offers the darker vision. do you agree? why or why not?

how does huxley voice the concerns of his age in the final chapters of Brave New World?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)