Possible Questions for Frontline (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by s2ophie
could they really give a question that specific? Referring to only one episode? I would be stuffed because i deliberately chose not to learn The Siege because from what i can see its the most common
i very highly doubt they could give you suck a specific question

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
i very highly doubt they could give you suck a specific question
they can't bcoz there's a bunch of other texts under the heading "telling the truth"....so they have to be fairly general.

jgirl:).....

no they cant, you onli refer to three episodes of frontlnie - n they are of your chpoice - so they cant focus on a direct episode!

Nupil

HSC
N/A
More of them ... These are from lecture day from ETA 2003

- "The truth is often misrepresented and distorted"
How does your prescribed text and additional materials studied support or challenge this statement?

- The media has failed in its responsibility to convey truths. Do you agree? Discuss with reference to your prescribed text and additional materials studied

- Write a speech to a group of Year 11 students who next year will be studying Module C: Representation and the truth. Explain what you have discovered from your study of this module by discussing your prescribed text and related texts.

- Write an editorial for a newspaper expressing your concerns about representations of truth in the media. You need to refer to your prescribed text and to other related texts that will support your argument.

- Write a speech for an audience of young adults in which you examine the idea that
"truth is never pure and rarely simple"
Base your speech on the complex nature of truth and the various representations of truth found in your prescribed text and other related texts of your own choosing

- You have been asked to organise and host a radio program that explores the nature of truth and how it is created. You will have two guest speakers who have been chosen for their different ideas about telling the truth.

- Write the transcript for the discussion between the two people where they both refer in detail to the prescribed text and related texts. Your answer should refer to aspects of the medium of production, textual form, perspectives and choice of language.

I'm pretty sure these havn't been posted ... excuse if there are overlaps. Also - is there one of these threads for Emma/Clueless by any chance?

revoltism

Originally posted by Nupil
More of them ... These are from lecture day from ETA 2003
- Write an editorial for a newspaper expressing your concerns about representations of truth in the media. You need to refer to your prescribed text and to other related texts that will support your argument.
how do u do an editorial?.. u write in columns or anything?
id ont get this structure.. or is it simple?

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
Editorials are simple. Think about a feature article, it's almost the same. The editor addresses a usually controversial issue concerning the general public/politics/world issues, etc. by providing his opinion on analysis of events.

There's no need for columns in any text type - in fact, the markers will probably have a laugh at you if you attempt such a task.

So you could start off with a general statement (like a debate) like...

"The notion of telling the truth has become a figment of one's imagination in recent times. With the pervasiveness of the media, often spreading propaganda through the increasingly popular conduit of television, we, the general public, are often drawn into the deceptiveness of different media. This can apply also to movies, novels and other such texts, where the composers use often satirical techniques such as irony to remove the masque of deceptive personalities, events and situations."

In a way it's a lot like an essay, but as you go on in an editorial, you are allowed to use more colloquialisms, so long as you don't get carried away.

littlel

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME I HAVE TO DO AN EXTENDED RESPONSE FOR:

"THE REPRESENTATION OF TRUTH IS NEVER SIMPLE" DO YOU AGREE? In your answer refer to TWO episodes of Frontline and at least one other source you have studied in this module.

anyone got any ideas what i can write about..?!?!

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
from our trial:

"The truth is always under construction."

How are the representations of truth constructed in your prescribed text and at least two texts of your own choosing?

bluechilli

from sbhs 03:
You are a journalist working for a well-known magazine aimed at influential business people. You have a particular personal interest in the conpcet of 'the truth' and how it is represented to the general public.
Wirite a feature article in which you discuss how various texts seek to represent 'truth' to society.

from ETA 04 (i think):
'Any representation of the truth is just someone's version of reality.'
To what extent do you agree with this statement? In your answer disucss the representation of truth in your prescribed etc etc.

Avanti

HSC
There are some questions relating to how people in power can manipulate the truth or something along those lines. Isn't that being biased towards episodes like smaller fish to fry? What if you're not doing a text such as the night of nights?

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Had my trial today, question was (not exact wording because my brain is fried):

"The truth is out there...or is it?"

Write a feature article using this quote as a title. Refer to your prescribed texts and TWO related texts.

surfingsmurf

HSC
Hey, i have an inclass essay tomorrow and the questions is pretty different to others because it uses the sound track.
"In the excerpt from Frontline, how does the soundtrack contribute to the way the truth is representd?"
  • You should consider language, tone, dialogue, music and sound effects.
What you think?

Kings407

HSC
My question for my trials was medium is the message. we had to write an essay with at least 2 episodes from frontline and 1 related text. will the hsc question be anything like that? coz that was so hard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)