Possible Questions for Section 3 (1 Viewer)

ALLLICE

HSC
So what does everyone think they'll ask this year?? All thoughts and speculation (LOL) about the exam are welcome... :wave:

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
I really have no idea for the ecosystems essay, something I don't know I bet lol.

For second essay, I'm thinking either maybe they'll ask a mega cities question again, but more realisticly I think it will either be using a suburb as a case study for an urban dynamic or maybe growth, development, future trends and ecological sustainability (another urban dynamics one). If the question is on world cities I'm going to kill myself.

Last question, hmm. Hopefully nothing focusing directly on the case study, maybe a few points out of the factors section (if they ask for them ALL I will kill whoever wrote the paper).

ALLLICE

HSC
The exam is on Tuesday!! *utters a quiet scream*

Actually world or mega-cities would be cool... as for ecosystems I just hope they don't ask about biophysical interactions :p

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
The day after English paper II (Tuesday) :(

For some reason, I just can't make world cities info stick. It's weird, I actually find the section quite interesting too but I seem to be better at mega cities and urban dynamics. I bet they ask this crappy point on the demise of the small down, I have like a page of notes on that..

forevaunited

HSC
Ecosystems im hoping isn't going to be too unkind, hopefully biophysical interactions or something to do with management strategies. The only part of the syllabus i dont like is the ecological sustainability and spatial dimensions of TWO ecoystems at risk - lets hope not.

Urban Places- following the trend i have studied mainly for Mega cities but who really knows? There is basically only one question on MC which is challenges and responses and they did that in 03 so in my mind im thinking that it would b weird to crop up again with exact same question - i suppose they could ask nature, character and spatial distribution but if they do that ill just leave the exam room. alternatively i would prefer urban dynamics over World cities because i dont feel i have enough to write about with world cities.

Economic activity- havent started revising for this thoroughly yet but i hope they make it on the activity rather than the enterprise because the enterprise that we did was a load of shit and is hard to encorporate into questions.

hmmm. . . yea so basically got no idea . .. any other opinions .. .

Toby_18

HSC
i think the UD question will be on future trends, growth, sustainability etc. i dont want to to the ecological side of that like water, traffic and stuff. too many stats, would love world cities, when did they ask that?

ecosystems, anything but vulnerablilty and resiliance, and it better be precise about the case study we visited and not stuff on random places in the amazon basin. i also hope its not on the importance of ecosystems, (MUIATH)!

I hope the economic activity is on the local enterprise because ours is so individual we can make it up!

Toby_18

HSC
i think the UD question will be on future trends, growth, sustainability etc. i dont want to to the ecological side of that like water, traffic and stuff. too many stats, would love world cities, when did they ask that?

ecosystems, anything but vulnerablilty and resiliance, and it better be precise about the case study we visited and not stuff on random places in the amazon basin. i also hope its not on the importance of ecosystems, (MUIATH)!

I hope the economic activity is on the local enterprise because ours is so individual we can make it up!

*Lozzie*

HSC
for ecosystems i think it may be trad and contep managemen strategies

my teacher thinks it will be demise of a small town foe UD

for EA it could be the local case study

AHHHHHHHH it tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hazefu

HSC
Possible Questions

I would just love if they left out any questions about ecosystems lol... but honestly I have no idea maybe adjustments in response to natural stress (ie a case studies question) if that hasnt already been asked

For Urban Places I think it will be about the the urban dynamics operating in a large city together with one of the dot points probably growth, development, future trends and ecological sustainability or social structure etc.

I think section three will be "Factors affecting the nature, spatial distribution and future directions of an economic activity"

But honestly I have no idea... I love geography but I can't wait to throw all of my stuff away tomorrow lol
Good Luck!!! xoxo

hazefu

HSC
Possible Questions

I hope all of the essays are generic... maybe the board of studies will be nice given they've been criticised for the amount of content in the geography course (its set to change but that won't help us)

I would just love if they left out any questions about ecosystems lol... but honestly I have no idea maybe adjustments in response to natural stress (ie a case studies question) if that hasnt already been asked

For Urban Places I think it will be about the the urban dynamics operating in a large city together with one of the dot points probably growth, development, future trends and ecological sustainability or social structure etc.

I think section three will be "Factors affecting the nature, spatial distribution and future directions of an economic activity"

But honestly I have no idea... I love geography but I can't wait to throw all of my stuff away tomorrow lol
Good Luck!!! xoxo

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Hmm just realised how stuffed I actually am for the essays. I did well for my trials but honestly we we're givin little hints what it would be on, and then they were easy questions. Hopefully crapping on will get me into the 70s at least, just halfway through reading my dot points now but alot of fine detail crap isn't sticking. My case studies fail badly as well...

Tubmiester

HSC
My guess is:

economic activity:
something about internal and external linkages

Ecosystems:
conemporary and traditional management strategies

Urban:
Urban Dynamics

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
the poster above is what i would have said

hehe actually guys if you look through ALL the past BOS exams contemporary and traditional management strategies is the only dot point they haven't tested in the final essay for ecosystems at risk. our teacher helpd our class figured this out and for the hsc we all prepared one long essay for this and only this out of the 5/6 dot points in ecosystems (it was also our trial question which she hinted :D)

i thought other schools would have cross-checked past hsc exams but it seems this was not the case.

anyway 07ers in particular should start looking at the past hsc section 3 questions to figure out trends. i.e. they never test the same dot point for two years in a row, ecosystems is basically a pot luck next year because after 06, EVERYTHING has been tested and economic activity seems VERY LIKELY to be the internal and external linkages (or something local) now seeing that global economic activity was tested this year :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)