possible to get 85 atar? (1 Viewer)

Jimmy910

HSC
Hi,
I'm a bit worried about my chance to get in to my dream engineering course (UNSW Bach of eng with b computer science LSR: 87.9). I was hoping to get at least an 84-85 cause then my 4 bonus points (from maths adv and physics) can carry me. I go to a school in the top 90s.

These are my rank and marks:
Legal Studies: 9/20 --> 78% (sem 2 mark) avg: 75%
Chemistry: 34/47 --> 49% (sem 2 mark) avg: 61%
English adv: 53/69 --> 58% (sem 2 mark) avg: 65%
Maths adv: 24/53 --> 80% (sem 2 mark) avg: 75%
Maths ext 1: 21/23 --> 78% (sem 2 mark) avg: 82%
Physcis: 22/34 --> 83% (sem 2 mark) avg: 75% i came 11th for trials but due to my bad rank i came 22nd overall lol

I actually did pretty well overall in trials but my ranks were so bad before that I barely moved up in ranks.

Last edited:

Jimmy910

HSC
how many in ur school get a band 6 per subject
avg b6s from 2016-2019
English: 6
Chem: 6
Legal: 5
Maths adv: 21
Physics: 4
Maths ext : 17
Although my cohort is pretty strong in physics and chem so I think this year there will be around 10 b6s for physics and 12 for chem

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Your current position in Legal Studies, Mathematics Advanced and Mathematics Extension 1 appear to be favourable and are likely to be consistent with your ATAR goal. However, your position in the rest of your subjects (particularly Chemistry and English Advanced) is somewhat concerning.

Having performed well in your trial exams is a good indication of favourable performance in your HSC exams, which is absolutely necessary if you wish to maximise your chances of achieving your ATAR goal, particularly in English Advanced (as this subject can considerably affect your ATAR) and Chemistry. Hopefully you would have performed at a high standard in your English Advanced HSC exam and will ensure that you are preparing to the best of your abilities for your Chemistry HSC exam. Of course, it is also important that you do your utmost to maintain (and if possible, improve) your position in Legal Studies, Mathematics Advanced and Mathematics Extension 1.

I hope this helps! :D

Jimmy910

HSC
Your current position in Legal Studies, Mathematics Advanced and Mathematics Extension 1 appear to be favourable and are likely to be consistent with your ATAR goal. However, your position in the rest of your subjects (particularly Chemistry and English Advanced) is somewhat concerning.

Having performed well in your trial exams is a good indication of favourable performance in your HSC exams, which is absolutely necessary if you wish to maximise your chances of achieving your ATAR goal, particularly in English Advanced (as this subject can considerably affect your ATAR) and Chemistry. Hopefully you would have performed at a high standard in your English Advanced HSC exam and will ensure that you are preparing to the best of your abilities for your Chemistry HSC exam. Of course, it is also important that you do your utmost to maintain (and if possible, improve) your position in Legal Studies, Mathematics Advanced and Mathematics Extension 1.

I hope this helps! :D
Ok, thank you! I wasn't sure if it was possible to still get the atar I need but this is reassuring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)