ayyyyyyyyyyyy bois here are my stats for 2k14
school rank 280-285

sor 1 unit 40/64
english standard 32/61
maths 8/16
maths ext 1 4/5
bio 14/20
legal studies 5/7
still possible to get 84? if meself does well is that just enough of do i still need to rely on cohort to drag me marks up ayyy?

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes its possible, do well yourself I doubt your cohort will be that much of a help at your school rank..

1zephyr

HSC
N/A
mmhmm true me brah i dont want to shit talk my cohort but i know myself i can do well ayy cheers me legend

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
mmhmm true me brah i dont want to shit talk my cohort but i know myself i can do well ayy cheers me legend
brah you can pull an 84 cheers brah. You can do well brah I know u got tis, well done brah.

1zephyr

HSC
N/A
all this motivation ayy you guys are top notch beasts lmao gl in challenger promos

cbaldilocks

HSC
Below 300 school rank and your extension class only has 5 people? My schools ranked horrifically and even we have 15 hahaha. You can get an 84 no trouble, just don't screw up English, standard doesn't scale great.

HSC
Below 300 school rank and your extension class only has 5 people? My schools ranked horrifically and even we have 15 hahaha. You can get an 84 no trouble, just don't screw up English, standard doesn't scale great.
Standard and Advanced essentially have the same scaling.

The aligning of standard isn't great.

cbaldilocks

HSC
Standard and Advanced essentially have the same scaling.

The aligning of standard isn't great.
Essentially what I meant. Standard falls on a riskier part of the bell curve. Doing bad in standard will hit you worse than doing bad in advanced.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Essentially what I meant. Standard falls on a riskier part of the bell curve. Doing bad in standard will hit you worse than doing bad in advanced.
Yeah brah I hope you do well too, use this quote “Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try'' as an example to do your best, this goes for everyone as well brah!!!

HSC
No.

Aligning and scaling are two completely different things.

It is harder to get in the band 5+ range in standard with the the terrible aligning.

Doing bad in standard will hit you worse than doing bad in advanced, only if your mark is lower in standard. If say marks were the same, then no it wouldn't be the case.

Doing worse in standard than advanced (ie lower mark in standard than advanced) then that is when it is worse.

1zephyr

HSC
N/A
Yeah brah I hope you do well too, use this quote “Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try'' as an example to do your best, this goes for everyone as well brah!!!
lmaoooo brahh why go to crobat for motivation when its all in you ayy

cbaldilocks

HSC
No.

Aligning and scaling are two completely different things.

It is harder to get in the band 5+ range in standard with the the terrible aligning.

Doing bad in standard will hit you worse than doing bad in advanced, only if your mark is lower in standard. If say marks were the same, then no it wouldn't be the case.

Doing worse in standard than advanced (ie lower mark in standard than advanced) then that is when it is worse.
So essentially what you're saying there is getting 50% in standard English has the same atar equivalent as getting a 50% in advanced. which is incorrect. Of course not. Advanced is harder. Your atar equivalent will be higher in advanced despite getting the same mark. It's a harder subject. It may not be a significant difference but it sure as hell isn't the same. Otherwise nobody would bother doing advanced, why should they when they can get the same ATAR getting the same marks in Standard..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)