Post a picture of your ride (2 Viewers)

turntaker

HSC
Update my 626 has been scrapped. Saving for BMW e46 325i

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Finally brought her home. LET THE MODS COMMENCE!!!

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Contemplating buying this, gents... Any of you moto geeks want to give me an estimated cost of getting it on the road...

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bendigo/motorcycles/1981-yamaha-sr250/1129125551

Electrics I can do on my own, I can remove and put the engine back on, tear down and rebuild of the motor would need a good mechanic to do (have one in mind)...

Odometer is also a new odometer and reading 0km... Any issues regarding registering a bike with a false odometer reading?

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Contemplating buying this, gents... Any of you moto geeks want to give me an estimated cost of getting it on the road...

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bendigo/motorcycles/1981-yamaha-sr250/1129125551

Electrics I can do on my own, I can remove and put the engine back on, tear down and rebuild of the motor would need a good mechanic to do (have one in mind)...

Odometer is also a new odometer and reading 0km... Any issues regarding registering a bike with a false odometer reading?
Seems like a lot of money for someone else's half assed project. You'd be better off getting a running bike to do a cafe racer project with.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Seems like a lot of money for someone else's half assed project. You'd be better off getting a running bike to do a cafe racer project with.
You'd be lucky to get an SR250 for less than 3k these days...

I reckon I can get it back up and running for 1.5k, if I can get him down to 800... That would be great...

Doesn't need much to get it going: the electronics are really simple; would need to hone out the cylinder and get a piston ring repair kit; fix a couple of half arsed fixes; roadworthy, etc...

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
You'd be lucky to get an SR250 for less than 3k these days...

I reckon I can get it back up and running for 1.5k, if I can get him down to 800... That would be great...

Doesn't need much to get it going: the electronics are really simple; would need to hone out the cylinder and get a piston ring repair kit; fix a couple of half arsed fixes; roadworthy, etc...
If you have 3k why not go for a TU250X? It just seems like a significant risk for a bucket that you'd need to put quite a bit of cash into.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
If you have 3k why not go for a TU250X? It just seems like a significant risk for a bucket that you'd need to put quite a bit of cash into.
Cheapest TU250X I could find in Victoria is 3.1k... It has been dropped though and looks like it's had a good drag along the ground (nothing structural though: eg: no cracked frame or damage to said frame), little bit of cosmetic damage... Otherwise, TU250X's are averaging around close to 4k in Victoria (I reckon it is down to the "summer tax..." cunts just want to ride during summer and sell their bikes for cheap during winter because they are too pussy to ride in the wet and cold...) To add, I really wouldn't mind a TU250X...

Might hold out to mid autumn and see how the prices fluctuate... Was looking at a couple when I was cash strapped in spring (found there was actually lots of cheap and good bikes about)... Summer came and the prices just skyrocketed about 1.5k on the actual value of the bike... I got a bit of money in the wallet now, which is nice...

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah. Contrary to what I just did. Buying a bike now isn't the best idea. Personally I prefer riding in winter.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Was looking at this one as well...

http://www.bikesales.com.au/private...ikes])&Service=[Bikesales])&pso=0&pss=Premium

Looks like it needs a bit of work, I can put it on club rego, which is nice... 90 days of riding is more than enough for riding... would need to blow a fair bit of dough getting it to a roadworthy state though...

Can see a number of problems:

- Lighting (brake lights are not clearly visible)
- Tyres are unfit for street use (that's okay, I would probably put it on a set of grippy tyres with less tread to fit with the motard sort of look);
- Half jobs here and there;
- etc...

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
325i or 330ci??
Which gen for the 325i?

I'm a huge fan of the 330ci but the reality is it's a bit older now and at least my cousin's one had a few electrical issues after a while. It has aged well in looks but it's not so fresh now that it's a bit more common.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Which gen for the 325i?

I'm a huge fan of the 330ci but the reality is it's a bit older now and at least my cousin's one had a few electrical issues after a while. It has aged well in looks but it's not so fresh now that it's a bit more common.
E46s getting older now and nice examples are getting rare. The E92 series seems prime for the used buy at present. Gotta say, why 325i at all? Needs more engine ;)

turntaker

HSC
I was thinking e46 325i or 330ci but I still dont know. I might just end up buying an NB mx5 since they seem more reliable and good platform as a sports car.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
What are your thoughts on a KTM Duke 200???

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

current "mods": since the car is still under warranty I don't want to mess around with it too much so the only thing I have done so far for it is put LED lights after taking the halogen ones out

future mods: rear spoiler, new rims maybe, install a new button and wire one of the buttons to control the opening/close of my garage door

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
Introducing Micrbae,

Easy on the mileage but not that powerful, nevertheless it does the job.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)