• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Post election thoughts (1 Viewer)

Bone577

HSC
N/A
Ziff said:
Oh yes, add to my list:

Goodbye to cordial international relations with other nations that aren't the USA led by Bush.
Or any number of US friendly dictatorships.

Im also sad that Wollongong didn't go greens, but at least labor is better than liberal..... or *shudder* family first.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Bone577 said:
I will be truthful. I am realy afraid.
Yess join the club....Howard is going to take us for one heck of a roller coaster ride, and i mean that in every sense of the word. I am really worried that I won't be able to pay for my uni- I am gonna have to work my arse of while in uni and will most certainly have debts after finishing uni. Enough to make a guy like me CRY.

Rorix

HSC
Oh wow, the usual ALP bullshit. Do you guys ever actually lose elections, or does the Liberal party just cheat?

Anyone that says Latham ran a positive campeign is just bullshitting e.g. 'john howard lies', why just yesterday i saw Latham saying John Howard was a racist.

What the fuck is wrong with you people, seriously? The people of Australia voted and they decided they didn't like your guy, and now you're up here bitching about democracy.

Because obviously YOUR VOICE should be more important than everyone else's in the country, because like YOU KNOW WHATS BEST FOR THE PEOPLE and all.

Maybe if the ALP like, appealed to the people, you wouldn't lose the Senate, you wouldn't LOSE SEATS TWO ELECTIONS IN A ROW TO A THIRD AND FORTH TERM GOVERNMENT.

oh wait, they were cheating :rolleyes:

Bone577

HSC
N/A
zahid said:
Yess join the club....Howard is going to take us for one heck of a roller coaster ride, and i mean that in every sense of the word. I am really worried that I won't be able to pay for my uni- I am gonna have to work my arse of while in uni and will most certainly have debts after finishing uni. Enough to make a guy like me CRY.

I'd be really worried about UAI reqs. In the last few years they have jumped ALOT due to liberal legislation.

Then of course if you make it you gotta worry about the fees. Which im worried will be upped significantly.

walrusbear

HSC
Bone577 said:
I will be truthful. I am realy afraid.
i also agree
i'm very afraid for the future of this country
the liberal party supporters on this board seem to miss the very scare consequences of tonight's election
the US is moving into super imperialism mode, which will, (i think) result in a lot of bloodshed for the next century or two.
we are supporting them, without a second thought.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Rorix said:
Anyone that says Latham ran a positive campeign is just bullshitting e.g. 'john howard lies', why just yesterday i saw Latham saying John Howard was a racist.
You stupid moron, why dont you read Howards policy on immigration in the late 80's, let me assure you it was not far from Pauline hansons immigration policy.

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
Generator said:
If others cannot be bothered or are unable to read through a great deal of material, then they should be able to rely on critical reports from the media... Yesterday's webdiary (smh) covered this issue quite well.
how do you know which critical reports are reliable? where do you filter? ie where do you draw the line to not question?

i find that it becomes a vicious cycle: reading as much as possible > getting confused, unsure or a big headache > thus having no foundation of beliefs.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
walrusbear said:
i also agree
i'm very afraid for the future of this country
the liberal party supporters on this board seem to miss the very scare consequences of tonight's election
the US is moving into super imperialism mode, which will, (i think) result in a lot of bloodshed for the next century or two.
we are supporting them, without a second thought.

Thats if we last a century or two with such draconian foreign policy.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
things can get worse from here. Let us pray the Bush does not make the whitehouse.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
zahid said:
You stupid moron, why dont you read Howards policy on immigration in the late 80's, let me assure you it was not far from Pauline hansons immigration policy.

FFS, the temporary protection VISA was Pauline Hansons invention, hence why it is regressive realy. Howard loves taking up ONP policies, Hanson braggs about it all the time.

Howard supports Family First party who are known racists, who consider Mosques and Temples "evil" and whatnot. If anyone watches CNNNN they would remember this little tidbit of info.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Rorix said:
Oh wow, the usual ALP bullshit. Do you guys ever actually lose elections, or does the Liberal party just cheat?

What the fuck is wrong with you people, seriously? The people of Australia voted and they decided they didn't like your guy, and now you're up here bitching about democracy.

Because obviously YOUR VOICE should be more important than everyone else's in the country, because like YOU KNOW WHATS BEST FOR THE PEOPLE and all.

Maybe if the ALP like, appealed to the people, you wouldn't lose the Senate, you wouldn't LOSE SEATS TWO ELECTIONS IN A ROW TO A THIRD AND FORTH TERM GOVERNMENT.

oh wait, they were cheating :rolleyes:
Amen.

I, for one, will be sleeping soundly in the knowledge that my country is once again in safe hands and not in the hands of an inept, inexperienced opposition.

You can argue until you're blue in the face that the 'country is stuffed' or other bullshit, but the fact is that we're in the hands of someone who knows what he's doing and how to use the power we, as a people, have given him.

Get over it - stop being so terribly immature! Now's the time to unite as a people, instead of being involved in petty squabbles.

Night everyone.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
zahid said:
things can get worse from here. Let us pray the Bush does not make the whitehouse.
If he does im moving to Sweden. :(

The world is not a nice place right now.

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yea seriously... i've been getting pm'd and attacked by labor supporters over my views.
I'm sorry that I don't post my views in the perfect textbook way that all of you guys do, stop attacking me or i'll start reporting the pm's to admins.

lengstar

HSC
the orange grove thing was thing is what gave liberals the win over the ignorant minded as well as labor's lack of environmental policies in tas. put me down as labor voter. i'm considering joining young labor at uni next year.

Rorix

HSC
zahid said:
To quote you, (by the way after the foreign debt thread I don't know where you get off calling people morons), "you stupid moron, that council thing actually happened, and interest rates were that high under previous ALP govts"

:rolleyes:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Yea seriously... i've been getting pm'd and attacked by labor supporters over my views.
I'm sorry that I don't post my views in the perfect textbook way that all of you guys do, stop attacking me or i'll start reporting the pm's to admins.
People have been PMing you over this? That's low.

Do so. You shouldn't have to deal with abuse over political opinion.

waterfowl

HSC
Stop counting ur chickens before they hatch! It hasn't even become official that Liberals are in power and you're already lamenting for "us"?
If the Liberals have been in power since 1996, and are now going into their fourth term, and they are winning by a large margin, then obviously Australia thinks they can do the job.
And don't blame it on ignorant voters just because their ideaologies differ from yours, you're just trying to find a scapegoat.
Liberal has won because Australia wants them to be in power. If you don't agree with that, that's fine, but don't go saying how Howard will do a horrible job etc. He was voted for a reason.

walrusbear

HSC
Kwayera said:
Amen.

I, for one, will be sleeping soundly in the knowledge that my country is once again in safe hands and not in the hands of an inept, inexperienced opposition.

You can argue until you're blue in the face that the 'country is stuffed' or other bullshit, but the fact is that we're in the hands of someone who knows what he's doing and how to use the power we, as a people, have given him.

Get over it - stop being so terribly immature! Now's the time to unite as a people, instead of being involved in petty squabbles.

Night everyone.
well informed
i applaud your view
i will 'be sleeping soundly' too

Rorix

HSC
zahid said:

Dude, you're like the dumbest person on the forum.

I'd love to debate US Politics with you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)