• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Post good punk/rock/pop-rock bands here. (2 Viewers)

little+mermaid

HSC
Merethrond said:
Is that in Sydney? Anyway, JB-HIFI in Newcastle has some imports, so I am not totally deprived:).
JB-HIFI is pretty good with cds and dvds, it's all in alphabetical and category order, same as dvds, but the shop can get really messy during the sales... haven't been there for a while though...........

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
little+mermaid said:
my fav band of all time is the Beatles! i rekon that the british invasion is the greatest thing that has ever happened to rock!

my later favs are the Killers (my current fav song is Mr. Brightside), evanescence, and green day (although i am not a fan of punk rock)...
I dont really think the beatles done that much, i personally think they are over rated, i reckon Buddy Holly and Elvis done shit loads more then the Beatles

Abu Ghurayb

Banned
HSC
N/A
Korn said:
I dont really think the beatles done that much, i personally think they are over rated, i reckon Buddy Holly and Elvis done shit loads more then the Beatles
Yeah those guys stole rock and roll from black people so white people could listen to it!

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Abu Ghurayb said:
Yeah those guys stole rock and roll from black people so white people could listen to it!
Very true, i didnt say they invented it cause they sure as hell didnt, but they brought it mainstream

little+mermaid

HSC
sorry but if it wern't for the beatles there woudn't be hippies or psycadelic lyrics. if it wern't for the rolling stones, there wouldn't be tens of single mother and if it wern't for the Who there would be no deaf dumb and blind kid playing mean pinball!

great_guns

HSC
bands...

millencolin, one dollar short, senses fail, mxpx, fenix tx, dallas crane, frenzal rhomb, jimmy eat world, new found glory, yellowcard.....no name a few

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
little+mermaid said:
sorry but if it wern't for the beatles there woudn't be hippies or psycadelic lyrics. if it wern't for the rolling stones, there wouldn't be tens of single mother and if it wern't for the Who there would be no deaf dumb and blind kid playing mean pinball!
The hippies and the Beatles, yeah right, it probably would have happened any way

Abu Ghurayb

Banned
HSC
N/A
little+mermaid said:
You dumbshit.
The beatles didnt invent psychedelia, they bought into it, and a pretty watered down version at that. And they sure as shit had nothing to do with the start of the hippy movement.

kittycat552

Abu Ghurayb said:
This site fucking sucks.
No way does it even come close to being "awesome for nearly every cd on the planet".

What a shitty waste of time.
hahahhahahahahahahaha...sorry it doesn't source your obscure tastes

Abu Ghurayb

Banned
HSC
N/A
tiney225 said:
hahahhahahahahahahaha...sorry it doesn't source your obscure tastes
Well no matter, if I ever need to buy a jack johnson or slipknot cd, I'll know what to do...

kill myself.

kittycat552

Abu Ghurayb said:
Well no matter, if I ever need to buy a jack johnson or slipknot cd, I'll know what to do...

kill myself.
hmm...okay sanity is better but soundworld is OK.

They have so many pavement releases and all of the pixies...i was impressed.

Abu Ghurayb

Banned
HSC
N/A
tiney225 said:
hmm...okay sanity is better but soundworld is OK.

They have so many pavement releases and all of the pixies...i was impressed.
Woah, because Pavement and the Pixies are so hard to find in stores.

HSC
Abu Ghurayb said:

kill myself.
For once I agree with you, death is the only option in that situation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)